VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

Registered
I'm here. I have build threads on several cars recently on here. Vortex is a superior way to keep track of what you're doing and it helps others. Hosting your own pics isn't "hard work" as some on this thread have expressed. It's worth doing and thus, you should.

Here's a Mk3 POS pic self hosted. Ez.

And here's a "build thread" where a car is being actually rebuilt. On the Vortex

Registered
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I'm here. I have build threads on several cars recently on here. Vortex is a superior way to keep track of what you're doing and it helps others. Hosting your own pics isn't "hard work" as some on this thread have expressed. It's worth doing and thus, you should.

Here's a Mk3 POS pic self hosted. Ez.

And here's a "build thread" where a car is being actually rebuilt. On the Vortex
At first glance last night, I was like nice, doing some work on the rear, how fun. And now I look at it again, and see some 馃敟馃敟馃敟.

Extra kudos for doing it with snow on the ground.

Registered
At first glance last night, I was like nice, doing some work on the rear, how fun. And now I look at it again, and see some 馃敟馃敟馃敟.

Extra kudos for doing it with snow on the ground.
Ha, that was the initial extraction of the syncro bits for the car build in my signature. Maybe someone on this forum remembers the white Mk3 Jetta it came from. That was some years ago now. Check out my thread, you'll probably like what you see.

Registered
Make build threads great again 馃馃徎 I think that鈥檚 where the community shifted honestly. There was a certain level of respect and comradery that went along with them. You watched that build thread all year to see it at h20i or another show. You talked **** or got roasted but the answers were there and so was the help. I hate Facebook with a passion but it seems to be the way of things anymore

Registered
Exactly MY sentiments. I HATE FB. Everything disappears immediately on there and when someone asks a question, its usually the SAME question that was asked yesterday! FB killed the community. Hell, YT killed the community to a certain extent with their "endless scrolling" tactics.

Also, it's fantastic how you can make a build thread and pick it up year after year. It really becomes knowledge condensed. Your 'rocco is a prime example. I did my B4 haldex/syncro build on vortex primarily so others could use the information in their own builds. Alot of that stuff is tribal knowledge and it just feels good to get it out there for everyone. If this forum dies then we are ALL doomed to endlessly scrolling FB looking for answers. Internet 3.0 coming your way zombies.

Registered
Exactly MY sentiments. I HATE FB. Everything disappears immediately on there and when someone asks a question, its usually the SAME question that was asked yesterday! FB killed the community. Hell, YT killed the community to a certain extent with their "endless scrolling" tactics.

Also, it's fantastic how you can make a build thread and pick it up year after year. It really becomes knowledge condensed. Your 'rocco is a prime example. I did my B4 haldex/syncro build on vortex primarily so others could use the information in their own builds. Alot of that stuff is tribal knowledge and it just feels good to get it out there for everyone. If this forum dies then we are ALL doomed to endlessly scrolling FB looking for answers. Internet 3.0 coming your way zombies.
that Rocco is long gone right after the wife鈥檚 cabrio was finished actually. I decided to be swap the one I鈥檝e had since 2007, but I know what you mean. Even after 10 years I can bump that entire thread if I wanted.
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold

41 - 53 of 53 Posts