VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Re: Are they going to make this "Dune Buggy"?? (DigitalTexan2u)

In a word............NO. It wouldn't be a profitable enough type of vehicle to justify the cost to manufactuer.

·
Registered
16,449 Posts

Don't count on it, but she's a cuttie!
A big pet-peeve of mine with manufacturers is that they're all showing these cool offroad sports vehicles and NONE of them have made it into production.

·
Registered
20,861 Posts

wasn't that on the website quite a while back? along with the microbus...

·
Registered
13,898 Posts

The Dune is a very old concept. I thinkit was shown back in 2000 or maybe earlier. It is DOA with zero chance of production.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Re: Are they going to make this "Dune Buggy"?? (mr_e1974)

Quote, originally posted by mr_e1974 »
In a word............NO. It wouldn't be a profitable enough type of vehicle to justify the cost to manufactuer.

kinda like the Subaru Baja.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Re: Are they going to make this "Dune Buggy"?? (RJetta8V)

Dude, welcome to last week isn't enough... This concept is ancient history. The two round turnsignals eventually made it to the Turbo S. Hopefully, the 2005 "facelifted" Beetle will recieve the numerous drastically improved trim bits from the Dune concept. The new Nissan/Infiniti steering wheel appears to be an exect replica of the Dune's steering wheel, btw

Some dude in Japan turned his New Beetle into a Dune replica, complete with jacked up offroad suspension, and unpainted bottom trim. Looks pretty sharp, actually.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Are they going to make this "Dune Buggy"?? (ASurroca)

Quote, originally posted by ASurroca »
Dude, welcome to last week isn't enough...

The new Nissan/Infiniti steering wheel appears to be an exect replica of the Dune's steering wheel, btw

Did it ever occur to you that some people actually have lives and are unable to visit this site daily? I'm so, so, so sorry I posted something YOU'VE seen before. How 'bout next time you just hit the back button?
As far as the steering wheel comment...yes, I know, EVERYONE copies VW on everything. A steering wheel is only so big, and manufacturers only have so many designs to play with....get over it.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts

I dunno, I think they are really similar, man...
New Nissan Maxima

Dune Concept

G

·

VW made a terrible mistake in not putting this car into production. It would've been easy to produce, even with AWD, and it would've been exactly the kind of model necessary to keep interest alive in the car. Plus, it was a hot concept.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Re: Are they going to make this "Dune Buggy"?? (bgluckman)

they should make the concept T before they make an off-road new beetle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts