VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,874 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,874 Posts
Re: Are we ever going to see this!? Will it even be put into production!? (2002Golf2.0L)

Oops, I forgot to answer the topic as I got all excited digging into the Volkswagen photo archives. It would appear the the Nardo will not see production and will remain a test bed for the various W concept powerplants. It was during the reign of Dr Piech that the W12 Coupe and Roadster (the Nardo name came later) were cosidered for production, but that seems to have fizzled out. There are enough new high-end products now from Volkswagen, and both Audi and Lamborghini are coming out with products that would essentially overlap with the Nardo. The focus is on the more affordable volume segments and some smaller niche markets from which Volkswagen has been absent in the past.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Re: Are we ever going to see this!? Will it even be put into production!? (Jouko Haapanen)

no offense.
but a VW emblem just doesn't dig it.
its like Daewood sells a $60k car, no matter how luxurious it is, I'd still rather buy a Mercedes.
I'm sure if it had Audi's emblem, more ppl would be interested.

·
Banned
2,544 Posts
Re: Are we ever going to see this!? Will it even be put into production!? (TheMadChigga)

quote:[HR][/HR]no offense.
but a VW emblem just doesn't dig it.
its like Daewood sells a $60k car, no matter how luxurious it is, I'd still rather buy a Mercedes.
I'm sure if it had Audi's emblem, more ppl would be interested.[HR][/HR]​

I agree the VW emblem just looks wrong on that car heh

·
Registered
198 Posts
Re: Are we ever going to see this!? Will it even be put into production!? (ajfriel)

yeah - i agree.
i like VW because of its "little car" character, even the passat W8 is a little out of its element i think.
this car is just completely out o'wack. thats like fiat putting its label on the F60.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts