VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's my first order from http://www.impex.com
Was it correct to order the Ignition Wire Set without the coil wire?!? I'm pretty sure it was right, but could someone confirm that this was the right set for a 1995 Passat GLX with VR6?
Also, I'm getting the keyless module, cool! It's actually cheaper and easier than finding out what is wacky with my door (sometimes alarm doesn't come on, the windows will all roll down even when I just move the key to unlock, wierdness, anyway) and then fixing it.
Thanks for helping me figure this stuff out everyone!
Abe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
021115433A Oil Filter Housing $24.00
1H0201511A Fuel Filter 71028 $14.33
021115562 Oil Filter VR6 Up To Engine AAA 176 889 $8.00
N0138492 Oil Drain Plug Seal 2x $0.40
1HM937045M ALARM ECM $140.70
357998031A Ignition Wire Set VR6 OE (With Out Coil Wire - Order Coil Wire N10052902 if Needed) $80.00
1EM937047A REMOTE CTR $30.76
Shipping 1 $32.41
TOTAL: $330.60

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes '95 was the first year with the dreaded coilpack rather than a distributor.
Let me know how you get on with the keyless; I bought a module but fuse 21 blows if I install it

Simon

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Re: (sjhwilkes)

Quote, originally posted by sjhwilkes »
Yes '95 was the first year with the dreaded coilpack rather than a distributor
Simon

Yep, Coil Pack of Doom.

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
Re: Arg, another $330! (jbrams)

Quote, originally posted by jbrams »
Was it correct to order the Ignition Wire Set without the coil wire?!? I'm pretty sure it was right, but could someone confirm that this was the right set for a 1995 Passat GLX with VR6?
Also, I'm getting the keyless module, cool! It's actually cheaper and easier than finding out what is wacky with my door (sometimes alarm doesn't come on, the windows will all roll down even when I just move the key to unlock, wierdness, anyway) and then fixing it.

Actually the coilpacks started in mid 93. You got the right setup. I don't have much confidence that the module is the cause of those window problems, but here's hoping it is. I am super anxious for you to install that because I have the same symptoms sometimes and would also like to have the keyless, so please report back!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Arg, another $330! (A2B4guy)

Quote, originally posted by A2B4guy »

I don't have much confidence that the module is the cause of those window problems, but here's hoping it is.

I agree. What I'm hoping is that the keyless module will bypass the problem area (which one mechanic suspects is the actuator, origionally I suspect it's something to do with the lock itself). Since the system does occationally work correctly depending on how I turn the key I
believe
that this module will be able to do it right everytime.
Here's a thread I started on my door problem and which has some information about the keyless module and remotes:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1224014
I will report back as soon as I have it installed or run into any problems,
Abe

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Re: (sjhwilkes)

Quote, originally posted by sjhwilkes »
Let me know how you get on with the keyless; I bought a module but fuse 21 blows if I install it

Simon

Hmm, Ill buy it from you if you're willing to part with it.

-Nathan

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
Re: Arg, another $330! (jbrams)

Quote, originally posted by jbrams »
Since the system does occationally work correctly depending on how I turn the key I
believe
that this module will be able to do it right everytime.

That's a good point. I didn't think of that. I believe the trouble lies in the wear or stickiness of the latch assy and the key lock linkage to the latch. if I turn my key the least amount to actuate the central lock system, I'm OK. But if I ever turn the key farther to close the windows while locking, then the next time I unlock the windows will start down. If many hours elapse it might not do that though. I'll have to try it from the passenger door, I haven't done that yet.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Arg, another $330! (A2B4guy)

I believe the trouble lies in the wear or stickiness of the latch assy and the key lock linkage to the latch. if I turn my key the least amount to actuate the central lock system, I'm OK. But if I ever turn the key farther to close the windows while locking, then the next time I unlock the windows will start down. If many hours elapse it might not do that though.

Wow, you have some very similar problems.
Mine also will roll down all the windows if the key has previously been turned too far when locking/activating the alarm. I have not noticed if this fails to occur when the car is left overnight with no key activity, but I suspect that it is the same (as I have not noticed the problem in the mornings unless locking and unlocking several times).
I'll have to try it from the passenger door, I haven't done that yet.

Mine functions normally from the passenger side, in fact when I want to activate the alarm I lock the doors from the passenger side but if I just want to lock the doors (no alarm) then driverside is okay usually.
Let's make a deal: if either of us find out what the he!! this is we will be sure to post the problem and if possible the solution ASAP. I'll ask my mechanic to just give it a once over, you do the same, okay? I'm also going to call the local dealer service department to ask if they can diagnose it over the phone, could you try the same (my local service dept is
http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

Alright, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one with this problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts