VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I imported my North American 2001 Jetta VR6 into Europe and would like to get the MFA switched to metric units (i.e., km, litres, litres/km, km/h). I realize there is a VAG-COM code way of doing it, but I don't have a VAG-COM unit.
Sooo... I went to the local dealer and explained that I would like my MFA switched from U.S. crazy units to metric units and that they just needed to flip one bit in the ECU. My french isn't that bad, but they looked at me like I was crazy (I'm in Geneva, Switzerland). Then they looked as if they finally understood, but I soon realized they wanted to replace the ENTIRE instrument unit instead!
I'm so frustrated I might just take the 20 hours round-trip time to drive up to Wolfsburg to save the hassel!
Any advice?
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.