VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have a foot long key scratch in the drivers side rear quarter panel of my car. I am beyond furious
. It could be worse, it could be the whole side of the car, but this is bad enough. I think I know who did if , but I have absolutely no proof, so there is not a whole lot I can do

Do any of you guys know about how much this may cost to fix, I am planning on getting a couple of estimates this week , and I would like to have a ball park figure before I go to the body shops. Any input is greatly appreciated....

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Re: ARRGGHH!!!! Someone Keyed my car!!!! Estimates??? (JKO)

Most body shops around here charge 300-500 CND$ to fix it. They repaint the whole door.
J-F

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: ARRGGHH!!!! Someone Keyed my car!!!! Estimates??? (Jetta_J)

Kush, I hear ya man, A couple years ago , I wouldnt have needed proof to take care of business. However I am applying to Law School and the legal community frowns upon that behavior, plus when I was 19 I learned the hard and expensive way that violence is not the answer. But all things considering , I still have some friends in low places that may be willing to help me out hehe.....

·
Registered
1,506 Posts

hope that if they repaint the door it matches good. i had an old car that door was painted after damge. as years went on the paint looked more and more diffrent, and stood out. go through insurance and get it all painted

ok maybe a bit extreme for a little keying but it sux to have a mismatched door

·
Registered
203 Posts
Re: ARRGGHH!!!! Someone Keyed my car!!!! Estimates??? (swmacneil)

I have some from those mustang and honda-drivers hataz back in high school.i have TWO DEEP scratches on my front hood and door dings also.they say its gonna cost me bout 500 dolla bills!!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Re: ARRGGHH!!!! Someone Keyed my car!!!! Estimates??? (TURBODIESEL)

I feel for ya man. Really, I do...
About 4 months ago some low-life decided that I didn't deserve the factory paint on my Rave Green Pearl '01 GTI. The driver's side was keyed from the front quarter-panel, through the door, to the back quarter-panel. The passenger's side was keyed from the back quarter-panel (and through the gas door) through the door.
The initial estimate from the insurance company was about $1200! Well, I took it in to a body shop that was highly recommended to me and they came back with a $2700 estimate!!! With all the blending and color-matching (I'll think twice before getting a unique factory color) it was almost like getting a whole new paint job. Two months worth of waiting while the body shop and the insurance company were going back and forth about the actual repair cost and then my car finally getting painted.
The car came out perfect but it was a headache nonetheless. Whatever happens, good luck!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: ARRGGHH!!!! Someone Keyed my car!!!! Estimates??? (TRBNIUM)

Thanks for the input guys, I guess I can expect to spend about 500$ or so. I hope its not more, it it is , im gonna go through my insurance company. It sucks that so many people are jealous a$$holes. They see a nice clean car and they have to mess it up
Oh well thats life.....

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Just got an estimate for $400 , no too bad, the guy said it doesnt look like a keying. It looks more like I got hit, oh well, glad i didnt confront the person I thought it might be. I feel a little better now, but still pissed that it was a probably a hit and run, but glad to know that it may not be someone thats out to mess up my car.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts

Buy yourself a body kit and save on the painting !
While you're at it...
J-F

1 - 9 of 9 Posts