VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Wow, so they primed your hood, and didn’t paint the bottom. That is quite odd.
Thats one way to cut corners. Because, unless your a car guy/person, your not going to be looking under the hood.
Chances are, if you are not a car guy/person, you would not buy this car and if you are a car guy/person, you always look under the clam shell hood.
That would be very interesting though if it's only something being done on one color. I know the underside of my 2019 hood is yellow, and I've seen the 2020 red on the showroom floor, and the underhood was red. Is this a 2021 thing for all colors, or just that particular red? Can anyone verify if the black or blue 2021s have a painted underhood or just grey?

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
That would be very interesting though if it's only something being done on one color. I know the underside of my 2019 hood is yellow, and I've seen the 2020 red on the showroom floor, and the underhood was red. Is this a 2021 thing for all colors, or just that particular red? Can anyone verify if the black or blue 2021s have a painted underhood or just grey?
Discussion starts at post #62:

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion starts at post #62:

OK - in that thread, someone with pyrite said theirs is also unpainted. So it sounds like a 2021 thing - every 2020 or earlier I have seen, or can find online, seems to have a painted underhood and crossmember, regardless of color.

Honestly, I don't think it would bother me much if I had just bought my car and it was that way, unless I saw other people's Arteons did have paint there. If they were all that way, I'd just accept it as a thing they did. But I do find it strange that it's a new thing and previous models were full painted. Also, if it were just clearcoated grey or black underhood, it would look intentional, but with the overspray around the edges, it looks unfinished or like a mistake.

·
Registered
217 Posts
OK - in that thread, someone with pyrite said theirs is also unpainted. So it sounds like a 2021 thing - every 2020 or earlier I have seen, or can find online, seems to have a painted underhood and crossmember, regardless of color.

Honestly, I don't think it would bother me much if I had just bought my car and it was that way, unless I saw other people's Arteons did have paint there. If they were all that way, I'd just accept it as a thing they did. But I do find it strange that it's a new thing and previous models were full painted. Also, if it were just clearcoated grey or black underhood, it would look intentional, but with the overspray around the edges, it looks unfinished or like a mistake.
My 21 is Urano gray and the under side of the hood is gray as well but it looks like it matches the Urano gray except it's not clear coated. I'm wondering if that's what Urano gray is, just a base coat under everyone's top coat. In that case, I should've gotten a bigger discount :p

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
33 year old male
VW Service Advisor
2021 Arteon, Oryx White Pearl, SEL R-Line
Is this a rare occurrence? Reason I asked is most if not all of the VW advisor in the dealer I go to don't own/drive a VW

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CapVW_TDICup

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
So far out of the 32 responds, the average age of the owners is 44.4 years old, oldest is 66 years old and youngest is 21 years old.
The most popular color seem to be White, only 2 King Red and 2 Yellow. 3 Manganese Gray, 3 Lapiz Blue, 4 Urano Gray, 4 Silver and 4 Black.
You forgot one stat (not sure if PC to say it nowadays), but was thinking gender

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
You forgot one stat (not sure if PC to say it nowadays), but was thinking gender

I believe I seen one female poster in here that I know of and she hasnt posted in this thread yet. I know it is not PC to say this but most woman I know like to own SUV because of the height advantage and the perceived ruggedness and dislike cars that are low to the ground despite the handling advantage.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I believe I seen one female poster in here that I know of and she hasnt posted in this thread yet. I know it is not PC to say this but most woman I know like to own SUV because of the height advantage and the perceived ruggedness and dislike cars that are low to the ground despite the handling advantage.
Agreed. Similar to how little guys are usually the ones behind the wheel of huge lifted pickup trucks with oversized tires.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
47, Female ;)
Software Developer
2021 SEL Premium R-Line
Pyrite Silver
Welcome Fringer, our first female owner in this thread. Would love to hear from a female perspective on buying a fastback 5 door coupe instead of a SUV.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Two days ago, I got behind a black SEL P that was being driven by a woman, and I've seen others in my area. I believe our demographic would probably be more of a 60/40 (m/f) split if we could tally all owners, but that is my own assumption based on the one's that I've seen in the wild. I say Come one, Come all to the Guild of Arteon!

Reactions: EuroNeed

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Welcome Fringer, our first female owner in this thread. Would love to hear from a female perspective on buying a fastback 5 door coupe instead of a SUV.
LOL
You're worried about being PC, but then you automatically assume that she should've bought or considered a SUV instead of a Arteon?
What's to say she wasn't looking at or considering a A7 or a Panamera or a Corvette or a Mustang or a Ram truck or a Sprinter van, but picked the Arteon?

I'm not all about being PC, but I just found that ironic

61 - 80 of 109 Posts