VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
LOL
You're worried about being PC, but then you automatically assume that she should've bought or considered a SUV instead of a Arteon?
What's to say she wasn't looking at or considering a A7 or a Panamera or a Corvette or a Mustang or a Ram truck or a Sprinter van, but picked the Arteon?

I'm not all about being PC, but I just found that ironic
It may sound like I am stereotyping but it really does interest me to hear from a female’s preceptive. All the cars on your post are driven predominately by men for the car’s styling, performance or handling. With the Arteon, there are other dimensions such as cargo space, ride comfort and good value. If I had to pick the top 3 reason I bought the Arteon, it would be styling, handling and good value In that order.

·
Registered
172 Posts
For my wife, its value and styling. Arteon under $50k ($42k) and looks nice, good. Benz E-Class/BMW 6 Series, $60k+ but looks really nice, no thanks. She dislikes SUVs. Its big and waste of gas and the only reason why we have one is because its a family hauler and also for the NY Winters.

From my observations, i see some females driving, C-Class/E-Class sedans, A4/A5, Lexus IS, and 3-series. Again, just my observations from what i remember seeing on the road. Cant tell you what my female friends drive because none of them own their own cars.

·
Registered
399 Posts
It may sound like I am stereotyping but it really does interest me to hear from a female’s preceptive.[...]
The Arteon Facebook groups have a female poster.
As in, one single female poster. (From Colorado IIRC.)
Although that might say more about reluctance to write on the internet about the Arteon vs reluctance to buy the Arteon.
And based on a highly unscientific sample, the only other Arteon driver near me is female:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
I agree, data collection with the Arteon is hard due to the low numbers. As we all know, the % of error is usually higher with smaller amount of data samples.

·
Registered
2018 Passat GT, 2012 Tiguan S
349 Posts
Honestly female owners are less likely to be on an automotive forum as well, even if they love their cars.

Of the 4 Arteons I've managed to spot on the road in 3 years, one was driven by a female and one I couldn't tell on the driver, the other two were men.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
54 male
Designer
2019 SEL Premium R-Line 4Motion
Pyrite Silver Metallic exterior / Black interio

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Honestly female owners are less likely to be on an automotive forum as well, even if they love their cars.

Of the 4 Arteons I've managed to spot on the road in 3 years, one was driven by a female and one I couldn't tell on the driver, the other two were men.
This ^^

Not surprising given some of the asinine and misogynistic things posted in these kinds of forums. And yes I've seen women driving Arteons.

·
Registered
262 Posts
46yrs old
Automotive Manufacturing Team Leader Chassis
FO.MO.CO. Ltd. Canada,( final inspection area, repair area, 4 toe pits for alignment, headlight and 360 vision& ACC system calibration)

2019 Arteon R-Line with tech package 🇨🇦
🇺🇸 equivalent would be SEL P R-line with 4motion
Magnesium Gray/black interior
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Vehicle

The one I test drove before they located my one with tech package.
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

The day I dropped off my fully loaded 2019 Jetta bought Feb 2019 after my first VW a 2000 Jetta Tdi GLS purchased April of Y2K. Now enter the 2019 Arteon Feb 1st, 2020,(prior to Covid-19 lockdowns) the ultimate driving experience and my first German made VW. No regrets🥰

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
46yrs old
Automotive Manufacturing Team Leader Chassis
FO.MO.CO. Ltd. Canada,( final inspection area, repair area, 4 toe pits for alignment, headlight and 360 vision& ACC system calibration)

2019 Arteon R-Line with tech package 🇨🇦
🇺🇸 equivalent would be SEL P R-line with 4motion
Magnesium Gray/black interior View attachment 118081
The one I test drove before they located my one with tech package.
View attachment 118086
The day I dropped off my fully loaded 2019 Jetta bought Feb 2019 after my first VW a 2000 Jetta Tdi GLS purchased April of Y2K. Now enter the 2019 Arteon Feb 1st, 2020,(prior to Covid-19 lockdowns) the ultimate driving experience and my first German made VW. No regrets🥰
Did you noticed or feel any difference in build quality between the made in Germany Arteon and the made in Mexico Jetta?

·
Registered
2021 VW Arteon SEL R-Line / 2021 VW Tiguan SE
6 Posts
Is this a rare occurrence? Reason I asked is most if not all of the VW advisor in the dealer I go to don't own/drive a VW

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk
Really depends on dealer I think and unfortunately there can be high turnover in the car business so some people aren't always switching to a car at the new dealer they work at. But I am on my 8th VW between me and my wife and every other advisor here, service manager and most of my techs all drive VW's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
30 years old
Social Studies Teacher
19' Deep Black Pearl SE w/ 4Motion
(aspirationally 2.5L TFSI swap when it is no longer a daily)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Did you noticed or feel any difference in build quality between the made in Germany Arteon and the made in Mexico Jetta?
I loved the jetta the assembly quality was great it was just to plain Jane and GLI did not come out till after March 2019 or I might of kept it longer. No issue great build quality but just build material not on par with the Arteon. For example hood prop, trunk pop bars not shocks so you lose trunk clearance. Interior space was massive compared to MKIV and features were awesome price was same as a 2000! Fully loaded maybe within $750 of each other which surprised me but they cut corners obviously to keep price low. Arteon is better in every other way besides the downgrade from digital cockpit but that is made up for in every other aspect of this car with its uniqueness,size, and quality parts and the prestige that comes with a German made car and also full size spare which is same as rims on car 😉. There is more rattles with the Arteon and wind noise from frameless windows. So in interior quietness the Jetta wins.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
So far out of the 43 respondents, the average age of owners is 43 years old, oldest is 66 years old and youngest is 21. The Arteon owners are almost all professionals and mostly male. The most popular color seem to be Black and White, 12 white and 10 black, 3 Red, 2 Yellow. 4 Manganese Gray, 5 Lapiz Blue, 5 Urano Gray and 7 Silver.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Male
Real Estate Development
2019 SEL-P R Line Urano Grey
(Early build 2019 w/ the 19” Montevideo wheels)
29,500-ish miles

·
Registered
41 Posts
Male
Corporate Pilot
2019 SEL-P R-Line Kings Red/black with 19” Montevideo wheels

Purchased NEW August ‘21 with 64 miles

·
Registered
17 Posts
Male
music director for an opera company.
2020 SEL-P R-Line, White/black+gray, 20” wheels

purchased new in July ‘21 w/799 miles; dealer wrapped all chrome in black, plus roof surrounding the sunroof

I also leased a ‘21 Passat R-Line last month

81 - 100 of 109 Posts