VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the deal with ASA wheels. They're liscenced by BBS, but are so much cheaper. Are they just really poor quality? Let me know cause they make a wheel similar to the BBS RC that are on the 337 and I'm thinking about getting them as long as the ASA wheels aren't crap.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Re: ASA wheels (JimboGTIVR6)

they're not crap.. they claim to be the more economical version of BBS... i heard no complaints about them yet! (but not too many people have em!)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Re: ASA wheels (fuzznuts)

Have you heard about Jazz wheel..... ? They got BBS "RC, RK" looks wheel too. And it's even cheaper then ASA ..... around $100 each for 17".........(actuelly the final price is not set yet... cus they don't have any 5X100 right now and the exchange rate is changeing every day, but i am pretty sure it would be cheaper then ASA.....)
The RC style is about 19LB and RK is 21LB....a bit heavier then BBS... but my friend have them for 2 years with out any problem.... I will get a set for my self next month once they got those 5X100 in....

[Modified by YKK, 3:07 AM 4-13-2002]

·
Registered
34,109 Posts
Re: ASA wheels (Turbo Whistler)

Moda is supposed to be the cheaper BBS name.
ASA wheels are manufactured in BBS' plants
An analogy is Sears power tools, Black & Decker makes some of them in their DeWalt plants.

[Modified by converted_vw, 12:33 PM 4-12-2002]

·
Registered
31,002 Posts
Re: ASA wheels (converted_vw)

No...
Moda is The Tire Rack's "house brand".
BBS made some Moda's for TTR and the latest Modas are made by Radius.

·
Banned
418 Posts
Re: ASA wheels (converted_vw)

ASA bought technology from BBS. They bought a license to use their casting technology and sell their products in the same markets. They're not the same company. Wether they do it well or not is not the same as working together. There are a few ASA I like, they seem to pick good designs.
YKK, tell us more about this Jazz wheel!

I guess Moda is good quality too?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Re: ASA wheels (Check Engine Light)

They are cast (of course) the mod is from Europe, you can see Germany or Italy cast on the wheel, but they are actuelly made in Tailand, i think....
They Look just like BBS except it come with SSS sticker which you can change to BBS sticker and no one tells the different.
ow Well..... I guess a picture would save thousand words....
Here you go.... http://image2.pbase.com/u7/syclone/upload/1144106.Jazz9.jpg http://image2.pbase.com/u7/syclone/upload/1144107.JazzRC.jpg http://image2.pbase.com/u7/syclone/upload/1144108.JazzRK.jpg
some how the link from vortex doesn't work, so you will have to copy it then post on new IE window.
They are currently out of 5X100 ..... I will post some more picture once i got them.....

[Modified by YKK, 2:53 AM 4-13-2002]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.