VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

8441 - 8460 of 10564 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
YOU! But look at it this way.....if your dirty then i'm fuggin filthy:thumbup:
Let me know when you want to bleed those brakes, and i'll bring something to put in those frosty glasses............you pervert:laugh:
I believe I am ready, but have Scouts tonight with Will. Let me know when your available..:beer:

·
Registered
545 Posts
I believe I am ready, but have Scouts tonight with Will. Let me know when your available..:beer:
haha you two are so cute fighting over perverseness. and joe i heard your wife was pretty Hott! i bet she stinks pretty good HeHe :laugh:.

Haha its cool Rich i am in no hurry right now for anything bills just a keep coming in i hate life :(

·
Registered
960 Posts
I'm always down for a frosty ale as well:cool::

beer:

Also anymore details on meeting up for cars&coffe, and rolling to eurofest??

I want to go:laugh:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I would also love to have some info on this. Is the show in SC? I would really like to make a show this year. Plus it would be great to meet up with some of you guys:thumbup:
Eurofest is at the BMW plant in Greer, SC. Just google it and you will find the website. It is on Oct. 16 this year. It is a Euro show. Every year they feature a specific manufacturer, this year it is VW.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Need Turbo Advice Guys and Gals

As dumb luck would have it, I may have to chance to obtain a FREE K04-2X turbo for my 20TH. I really want to upgrade to this b/c it is just enough power I do not have to do massive upgrades to my car.

I have read a lot of information regarding the install and there is only one thing I am worried about. It indicates that I can not use my DP and as some of you know I recently got a 3" TB exhaust GHL. It sounds really good and I do NOT want to change it.

I found some information that indicates, "Pro-Imports has an exhaust adapter so you can use your K03 down pipe on this k04." I contacted this company and they do not have this product anymore. I have no idea where to obtain one.

What do you guys think I should do? I do not want to put a ton of money into this K04 swap and I do not want to modify my downpipe. Is there another company that makes this part or do you think I can get one made from someone in town?

Or do you think I should just can the idea period? My goal for my car is around 250whp and this K04 would be ideal. It would make my car an awesome hopefully still reliable daily driver and that's what I am all about.

I would have to get the following to make this work:

Chip but can sell my APR Chip to offset that cost.
Oil lines, from an Audi Mk1 TT 225hp motor
Water/Coolant lines, from an Audi Mk1 TT 225hp motor
3" Mass Air flow Housing, from an Audi Mk1 TT 225hp motor or VR6 motor.
4bar FPR or Adjustable FPR is better
OEM TT at 4 bar, Genesis 380c or 415cc (recommended)
Hardware Kit (includes all nuts, bolts, gaskets and other things
Factory PCV Hoses with brass adapters

If i get most of these things used I think I can make this whole kit work for under 800$ for 250whp from my most likely 200whp the car currently has.

My biggest concern though again is the "exhaust adapter so you can use your K03 down pipe."

What do you guys think?????????????????

Really not sure what to do right now.

P.S. I can also most likely get a brand new K04-01 where I would not anything of this crap except a new tune on my chip from apr, larger injectors, FMIC and a 4bar FPR and that's about it.

That would probably only add 15-20whp at the most from the research I have found.

What do you all think?

·
Registered
960 Posts
So I'm going down to eurofest!

Gonna do the performance driving event too

Anyone want to make a cruise of it?

Probably leave around 8 ish

Meet at biltmore sq mall, so we can see some more cool cars

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
As dumb luck would have it, I may have to chance to obtain a FREE K04-2X turbo for my 20TH. I really want to upgrade to this b/c it is just enough power I do not have to do massive upgrades to my car.

I have read a lot of information regarding the install and there is only one thing I am worried about. It indicates that I can not use my DP and as some of you know I recently got a 3" TB exhaust GHL. It sounds really good and I do NOT want to change it.

I found some information that indicates, "Pro-Imports has an exhaust adapter so you can use your K03 down pipe on this k04." I contacted this company and they do not have this product anymore. I have no idea where to obtain one.

What do you guys think I should do? I do not want to put a ton of money into this K04 swap and I do not want to modify my downpipe. Is there another company that makes this part or do you think I can get one made from someone in town?

Or do you think I should just can the idea period? My goal for my car is around 250whp and this K04 would be ideal. It would make my car an awesome hopefully still reliable daily driver and that's what I am all about.

I would have to get the following to make this work:

Chip but can sell my APR Chip to offset that cost.
Oil lines, from an Audi Mk1 TT 225hp motor
Water/Coolant lines, from an Audi Mk1 TT 225hp motor
3" Mass Air flow Housing, from an Audi Mk1 TT 225hp motor or VR6 motor.
4bar FPR or Adjustable FPR is better
OEM TT at 4 bar, Genesis 380c or 415cc (recommended)
Hardware Kit (includes all nuts, bolts, gaskets and other things
Factory PCV Hoses with brass adapters

If i get most of these things used I think I can make this whole kit work for under 800$ for 250whp from my most likely 200whp the car currently has.

My biggest concern though again is the "exhaust adapter so you can use your K03 down pipe."

What do you guys think?????????????????

Really not sure what to do right now.

P.S. I can also most likely get a brand new K04-01 where I would not anything of this crap except a new tune on my chip from apr, larger injectors, FMIC and a 4bar FPR and that's about it.

That would probably only add 15-20whp at the most from the research I have found.

What do you all think?
There is an "up-pipe" for sale right now in classifieds.

Julien

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Richard, Heres the old ratty Rocco bay and the quick fab of a throttle cable bracket. You see everybody come off of the valve cover studs, but after a little thought and a couple of CV joint bolts, I decided to come off of the throttle body:)

·
Registered
643 Posts
Throttle bracket looks good Joe, it almost looks like you know what you are doing:laugh:
I have grand delusions of powder-coating in the near future for you:thumbup:

·
Registered
20,582 Posts
Throttle bracket looks good Joe, it almost looks like you know what you are doing:laugh:
Mr. Anderson, what's the deal/status with my hood? :sly::D

BTW, are you still powdercoating? I have an aluminum VR valve cover that can use some help...

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Thanks, it works well. I may make another one when I am not in a hurry and reshpe it a little, or I will rework this one. Then we will powder coat it..

8441 - 8460 of 10564 Posts