VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

10541 - 10560 of 10564 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
:wave: As Paul and others have requested I did create a Facebook group. Asheville Area VW enthusiasts, feel free to search and join, I encourage it. Throwback pic for you to enjoy

(Fairly) New to the forum. I didn't know there was a VW outlet in Asheville! I've been thying to find one for weeks now! I would feel out of place with my stickerbombed Mk1 Cabriolet though... :confused: I do have plans for it though, working on it slowly but surely.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
For those of you who aren't on the Facebook, here ya go.
It's almost that time of the year that we all look forward too again, SoWo. The plan is still as posted earlier in the year. We leave from the Mills River Ingles at 9AM. We'll be taking 64 down to GA75, we as a group have never taken this way together, but I'm told its got some nice curves and much better views. If all goes as planned we will only stop as needed and at Bridal Vail Falls for a few pictures. Please bring your walkie talkies and know in advance that while it may be a spirited drive please give each other room. Please message me if you plan to depart with us!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Desperately in need of any Mk1/Mk2 shells in the area

If anyone knows of any Mk1/Mk2 shells in the vicinity, please let me know. I need a shell that is able to be titled and is a 4-door, I need something to put this 2.0 9A and 4K in. I would appreciate it even more if the shell was under $1000, since everyone seems to think that these are "precious treasures". The Cabby I had was a bust and it got scrapped yesterday, I couldn't afford to put any more money into it. Any info or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Anyone know the owner of this van located on Rock Hill Rd / Hendersonville Rd?

Trying to get details on it for a friend. Thanks!

Untitled by specterwoodland, on Flickr

·
Registered
643 Posts
I remember fond memories of visiting this thread in hopes of finding new people and events in and around Asheville. It usually would take place on my lunch break while I was at Allied Wheel & Alignment. Lets see who will comment and know who this is.........

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello Asheville people! This thread is pretty dead, but I'm going to revive it anyway.

I just picked up a 2017 Jetta GLI 6-speed in Deep Black Pearl and I'm so glad to be back in a German car! I just wish I could have found it a bit sooner so I could've taken it to Sowo Fall Tour. :p I've seen plenty of modded VWs around, so at least some of them are hopefully still active on here? I have a ton of friends in Raleigh that are part of the Euro scene, but it'd be cool to meet some peeps around this area.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I remember fond memories of visiting this thread in hopes of finding new people and events in and around Asheville. It usually would take place on my lunch break while I was at Allied Wheel & Alignment. Lets see who will comment and know who this is.........
Any idea what happened that caused it to die so completely?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here's a shot of my GLI after a fresh coat of wax.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bump

Still need to get some spacers for the front, thinking 10mm should be good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bump

I think this is my favorite shot so far. Need to get another one like this now that I've got a better camera.

Asheville roads definitely aren't the best for a lowered car, but I've got the ECS Tuning Street Shield skid plate which is worth every penny.

Hoping to get back on the mod train after the holidays, probably with a stage 1 tune and some new coils/plugs. Then it's on to a turbo-back and stage 2!

Still haven't run into any other modded VW owners, although I see them on the road somewhat often. Might try to do Car's and Coffee in South Asheville next month.

Happy holidays, everyone! Be safe and see you in the new year!

·
Registered
20,618 Posts
Hello Asheville people! This thread is pretty dead, but I'm going to revive it anyway.

I just picked up a 2017 Jetta GLI 6-speed in Deep Black Pearl and I'm so glad to be back in a German car! I just wish I could have found it a bit sooner so I could've taken it to Sowo Fall Tour. :p I've seen plenty of modded VWs around, so at least some of them are hopefully still active on here? I have a ton of friends in Raleigh that are part of the Euro scene, but it'd be cool to meet some peeps around this area.
If you're on FB join Asheville Area VW enthusiasts. Most of the locals are there :beer:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/144...if_id=1576607814247370&notif_t=group_activity

10541 - 10560 of 10564 Posts