VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My AWW is Giac X equipped and can't freakin' launch the car. With ASR off, hold the rev at 3000 rpm, than floor it.....=...bogging and ASR light flashing?? Goes no where?? Is this how all chipped GTI's react??
.....Responses are appreciated..

· Registered
8,788 Posts
Re: ASR flashing, bogging everytime launch??? (GOLD)

Ok, with the ASR light off, you will constantly see the ASR light on the dash (where the speedo is). When its on you wont see it.

[Modified by Seanathan`, 9:12 AM 3-25-2003]

· Registered
3,969 Posts
Re: ASR flashing, bogging everytime launch??? (Seanathan`)

Yeah....you need to press the ASR button so that the light on the dash comes ON.
Light on dash is ON = ASR is OFF
Light on dash is OFF = ASR is ON
Light on dash is FLASHING = ASR is WORKING (cutting power to the wheels)

· Registered
1,669 Posts
Re: ASR flashing, bogging everytime launch??? (BrandonC)

I can remain silent no longer!
It is simply amazing to me how many people post regarding the performance of their 1.8t that don't know how to drive the thing!
Particularly people who are just learning to drive a stick (and complaining about clutch problems)
Learn how to drive your car and learn how the car operates then mod it and see what it can do!

Oh, and if you hold the rpm at 3000 and dump the clutch/floor it you will have some severe driveline trouble, wheel hop etc. if your car is functioning properly, with ASR off.

[Modified by slugII, 1:14 PM 3-25-2003]

[Modified by slugII, 1:15 PM 3-25-2003]

· Registered
232 Posts
Re: ASR flashing, bogging everytime launch??? (slugII)

relax bro, thats why he is here, to learn, so get off your high horse and let him learn without being bit<hed at. these forums are here to help those who need it, and to give those experienced people an opportunity to share their knowlege. maybe you have never asked a stupid question in your life, but most other people are human, and prone to make mistakes. especially when every time they try to learn, they get shot down. ok i have said my peace, that being said, yes, asr light on = asr off. push the button to turn the light on and the actual asr off, and you will launch without the power jumping between your wheels.

· Registered
886 Posts
Re: ASR flashing, bogging everytime launch??? (slugII)

every time I insert my key in the ignition switch and turn it clockwise I notice a sound kinda' like a 1.8T engine firing up
should I be concerned that maybe it's gonna' blow up or somethin??

who ARE these people

· Registered
316 Posts
Re: ASR flashing, bogging everytime launch??? (cyberay9)

I will give my 2 cents con this one.... Yesterday was my first ON TRACK racing.... I admit its very different from street racing.... first of all getting to know rules like bracket racing and you got to launch differently on track than on street....
The first runs I launched at about 2500 RPMS and let go almost all the clutch... it then like stalls and nearly dies...
everyone laughed at me.... and its hard because i am running here in mexico and have New Mexico State plates... they are really racist here!!
anyway got over it by the 3rd run I was doing 0.31 react time and 10.32 on my 1/8 mile... I learned that you have to have less presure on the tires! I was running like on street with 35 PSI on the front wheels!!! I had a lot of wheel hop and spin... I lowered the psi to 25 and WAAALAA!! no more hopping nor spin... just traction... and by my last race (semi final) I learned that the ASR turned off by pressing the BUTTON!!! I always believed that pressing the button activated it all the time!
so I broke by 0.09s
and lost.... By the way all the races I had to litteraly brake on the end...but this last one I got carried away... I am speed adict could not let go of the pedal....

My point is.... one only learns by trying and trying and really know what you are doing. the right things try to make them perfect... the wrong things.. well start by making them right....
when the racing ended I did a run and made a 9.89 on the 1/8 mile.... by the way here in Chihuahua mexico they only run the 1/8 mile not the 1/4..... now that is weird!

· Registered
953 Posts
Re: ASR flashing, bogging everytime launch??? (warura)

You can turn ASR off like people mentioned above --- but even so - you have to work on feathering the clutch out when launching -- if you are good enough, after a good deal of practice (and maybe a clutch or two
), you can launch the car with ASR on -- the goal is to keep the wheels from spinning at all. You will launch perfectly and you clutch will suffer a bit - just don't over do it.
Cheers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.