VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they have small c**** because I can't blink without one of them trying to race me. The other day driving mallies S3 had one on my tail when I was on the straight (was keeping it sensible) only to lose him in the corners when I gave it some stick.
Today coming back from work sri dropped it a cog and gave it some so I floored it in third from 2K and overtook him. He then went crazy and did stupid speeds in a 60 inorder to regain some pride LOL
I really think they should have bought the turbo instead...oh yeah guy today had a ***** exhaust too for the full hairdryer effect

Edited to say since when was < r i c e r > a swear word for fecks sake

Modified by Robinoz at 3:23 AM 11-20-2004

· Registered
3,765 Posts
Personally the best thing about the S3 would be the fools thinking they can give it a go in the 6 cylinder Commonwhores and Foulcoons!
Astra's smashtras and r i c e r s can get down on their knees as far as I am concerned!
M

· Registered
4,980 Posts
Re: (sirhobbit)

Quote, originally posted by sirhobbit »
For me it's guys in work vans - why do they even bother?

Just wait until I get my hands on a new Transporter V6!
Seriously, I have to agree. Some people have an inflated opion of their car's ability. Dad used to have everything from P platers in crappy Pulsar SSS to WRXs taking him on in the TT.

· Registered
2,411 Posts
Agreed. Don't you just hate the ********* that speed past you after they (eventually) catch up!!!?!
I don't know why anyone is getting bothered by Corolla Sportivos - someone needs to remind the owners that they can't even make 90kW at the wheels and have as much torque a postie bike.
Work vans - yep, and work trucks and utes with little apprentices out thrashing them (just like they do your car at any dealership service, even when the oil is at 2 degrees or it's not run-in). Rant over!!!

· Registered
438 Posts
My fav episode of stupidity involved a d**khead with P plates in a crap Lantra overtake me on the F3 one night at about 130 then merge in front of me and slow down. So I changed lanes to overtake and he sped up again. After about 2 iterations of this I decided to show this guy a lesson - don't dice with a car made in a country with no speed limits! The old 2.0 MkIII could still do a reasonable top speed......

· Registered
3,765 Posts
sirhobbit:
For people like that I prefer the high beams as a lesson master.
1) Its farqing annoying!
2) If they decide to get behind me and repay the favour fog lights are beyond annoying at night.
Of course this is only useful at night, but that is when I give most of a crap about someone not pissing me off. During the day they can see you gesticulate and do threatning things.
Of course if they should not learn german cars are most certainly stable at high speeds.
(If someone flys past me regardless of car I will let them go past me (remove foot from the go pedal unless cruise is on) and leave them be provided they allow me to sit on the speed limit/my constant travelling speed.
M
M

· Registered
837 Posts
If anyone has highbeams on me for whatever reason, and that goes for poorly aimed headlights, I just adjust the side mirrors so that it points straight back and they're blinding themselves
Oh, I've an auto-dimming centre mirror so that's not a big problem

· Registered
644 Posts
There's major toolage around, when i was coming into Sydney this guy i was overtaking and this guy in a prelude decides to pull out behind me so I overtake and pull back in, he sits on my right, waits til i'm up to the next car and want to overtake again, and then tries accelerating to block me off...
In the day time, people jus ignore you if you highbeam them, hell people ignore you when you use your horn...

· Registered
20,865 Posts
Re: (Sloth)

I tried that once against a V6 commodore on the M4 one night, but it didn't work, I couldn't lose the guy. He spent 10 mins trying to run me off the motorway and kill me at speeds varying from 60km/h to 130km/h. He nearly ran his own car off the motorway in the process
Turns out (it's a long story I'll tell in person at the next GTG) that he was on drugs and driving around in the nude

the guy had lost the plot!

· Banned
1,898 Posts
Re: (IML337)

The most recent couple of incidents for me involve Golf IV gti's. They give it a right royal fang till I start reeling them in. And all the times I look over for a friendly chat and a smile at the lights, all they do is act all cut and dismissive.
What's up with that?

Had plenty of fun recently with a new MX5 turbo and a Cooper S.
Respect to these fine vehicles! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
3,765 Posts
Re: (H8SV8S)

Quote, originally posted by H8SV8S »
Agreed. Don't you just hate the ********* that speed past you after they (eventually) catch up!!!?!

Actually I *love* it when people do that. For me it is an acceptance of defeat - "I know that I cannot beat you when you are using your go button, I will however prove that I am reckless and have issues that means I must have the last say - the only way I can accomplish this is to speed off into the distance, good day sir!" well thats what I think, laugh and smile for quite some time afterwards

M

· Registered
438 Posts
Re: (jerrah)

I love the drive to and from work - there a certain bit of the drive where you can really tell who's the good driver and who's not.
80km/h zone onto the Stockton bridge, which has a slight incline - so many people will do 110 over the bridge - god knows why then come flying down the other side. About 500m on is a sweeping left hander and a roundabout it is these same people who do 60 in the turn and 40 on the roundabout. Me, I maintain 80 the whole way and can comfortably do 60 on the roundabout - by which time I have re-passed said driver. Then the road canges to 1 lane and said driver is stuck fuming behind me despite the fact he passed me on the bridge!
So what if you can do 20km/h faster than the limit on the straight bits!

· Registered
261 Posts
Re: (sirhobbit)

Quote, originally posted by sirhobbit »
I love the drive to and from work - !

Had one of my best runs ever to work 50km through the hills the other day behind a VU seriesII SS ute, I don't know what size engine he had but it must have been a V8 - he was giving it all he could, I was breathing his sulphurous fumes but he could not shake me off - the highlight was us passing a police car coming the other way at a tad less than 135

As he turned into his farm side road he was giving me a good look back to see just what the hell it was following him, I gave him a wave http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
697 Posts
I love when cars just laugh because im in a golf... take off at lights... hello spool...
They look at me like
!?!?
They rev up hard and try to get you but im sorry, your gemini with a rice exhaust is no match for a GTI! Unless its the SR20DET Gemini i see getting around...
I love commodors almost getting me on straits and as soon as a round about comes up, i say good bye

Modified by QMK04Z at 7:24 AM 11-24-2004

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.