VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on a long stretch when i am accelerating my warning light will flicker on at about 5200rpm and then go off at about 5600rpm. the positive cable from alt to starter and from starter to battery are new 4g, the voltage regulator is new (but i dont know for sure if its the right one as the people that supply me with my parts arent accurate 100% of the time), and the ground from the battery to the tranny/shell are 4g/8g.
i have tightened my alt belt slightly, and i will try my old voltage regulator, or the one off my wolfsburg. i havent tested the warning light yet.

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
Re: at 5-6k my battery warning light comes on... (veedubs03)

need to change the brush.. its the peice on the alt with the two screws holding it,,, replace, and call it a day,,, problem is,, they get to short,,.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: at 5-6k my battery warning light comes on... (tnesh)

thats the voltage regulator, it has the brushes built into it. that has been replaced, but not by a bosch unit. i am going to swap it with the one i have on my daily driver (they are the same part number) to see if i got the correct part from vwparts.com

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
Re: at 5-6k my battery warning light comes on... (RavenGTi)

sorry .. had brain freeze.. it is the called the voltage regulator..

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Re: at 5-6k my battery warning light comes on... (RavenGTi)

Check the regulator again to see if they are wearing properly. If not you will need a new alt.

Carlos

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
Re: at 5-6k my battery warning light comes on... (Oreganoflow)

quote:[HR][/HR]Hey, speaking of short...
[HR][/HR]​
escuse me..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts