VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Re: ATL,. Someone convince me. (Jive Ass E30)

For the money. I'd go with the R32..Th Annicersary is a lot to pay for basically a 337..
Talk to Kevin.. He'll fill you in on prices on the 20th...I think its a 1.8t with 6 speed...
Tommy

·
Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room.
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda
39,227 Posts
Re: ATL,. Someone convince me. (SkeeterVR6)

Josh, spend your cash on the beater and ride the E30 out

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: ATL,. Someone convince me. (Metallitubby)

I would like a new car. The E30 aint goin nowhere, ever, it's paid for, but it's a beast. Striclty my driver car. The beater is what it is, but I would like something i can take out and just be comfortable in. So if I'm going to perhaps take on a car payment again, I would like to keep it reasonable, and I like Trey's car so i would like a 337. All I would do to it is put some coil overs and drop it about 3". The R32 looks like a bit much to pay. If I go that high, might as well go for an E46 /M3. I like the N/A and AWD aspects of the R32, but beyond that, what is there? I like the look of the 20th, the significence/rarity, and if chipped, the engine would do. I don't know. I really love Trey's car.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts

The 20th AE is an awesome value at 24,000! There are deposits at my dealership now in order to get color choices. I want an R32, but the 20th AE is basically the same as the 337 which was a big hit. I'm not sure i like the fact that they are putting R32 wheels on it though. I do like the badging and headlights though. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Kev

·
Registered
177 Posts

Are you seriously thinking of buying one? I think there are better cars out there for that kind of money. Especially since this will be one of the final years of the MK4...
JM.02

·
Registered
177 Posts

Like a WRX, used 240SX with a motorswap *hint*! Neon SRT-4. Integra Type-R which can outhandle most of the FWD cars. Mazdasped Protege....Damir

[Modified by golfzilla, 10:07 AM 2-2-2003]

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: ATL,. Someone convince me. (EKcarguy)

quote:[HR][/HR]If you want to know more about the 20th Ann. edition, check the headline on the main VWVortex page. There is also a FAQ here: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=585565 [HR][/HR]​
Already read it. It wasn't convicing, thus the post "Convince me"
Damir, I don't want something fast, or used, that's why I would only chip it and lower it. Nothing else. I want it to make zero noise at idle, ride like a caddy, and I like the refinement of the interior, not to mention, I would like to be able to talk to my passenger instead of yelling at them. I looked at a GTI in '99 before I bought my Si, but Jim Ellis dropped the ball. BTW, if I did get one, it won't be from them, even if I have to drive 1000 miles to take delivery. Jim Ellis burnt the sheot out of the bridge.
P.S. I only posted it here because I could give a rast ass about the rest of this forum. My friends are in here. Way too much nonsense going on outside the S.E. forum, I don't dare go out of this room.

[Modified by Jive Ass E30, 2:47 PM 2-2-2003]

·
Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room.
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda
39,227 Posts

I like the 20th AE, its a departure from the usual silvers out there. I say if you are up for a note, then hit it Joshua.

·
Registered
177 Posts

Why do you call me Damir?

If you don't prefer speed and sportiness of the ompetition, then, I guess the GTI 20 would be a good choice. I'd say either Blue, or yellow! I'd stay european because I like them as a car. For speed, I wouldn't go to VW anyways...
quote:[HR][/HR]If you want to know more about the 20th Ann. edition, check the headline on the main VWVortex page. There is also a FAQ here: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=585565
Already read it. It wasn't convicing, thus the post "Convince me"
Damir, I don't want something fast, or used, that's why I would only chip it and lower it. Nothing else. I want it to make zero noise at idle, ride like a caddy, and I like the refinement of the interior, not to mention, I would like to be able to talk to my passenger instead of yelling at them. I looked at a GTI in '99 before I bought my Si, but Jim Ellis dropped the ball. BTW, if I did get one, it won't be from them, even if I have to drive 1000 miles to take delivery. Jim Ellis burnt the sheot out of the bridge.
P.S. I only posted it here because I could give a rast ass about the rest of this forum. My friends are in here. Way too much nonsense going on outside the S.E. forum, I don't dare go out of this room.
[Modified by Jive Ass E30, 2:47 PM 2-2-2003][HR][/HR]​

·
Registered
2,442 Posts

its a 337 plus a sunroof! if you go, go big and get the yellow or the Jazz blue. you will NEVER see another MK4 GTI in yellow or Jazz blue in the states unless its another 20th. if i remember correctly 1500 of the 4000 are going to be either blue or yellow so that makes it on 750 of each color! what are the odds that you will see more than 2 of each here in ATL!

sweet mother biotching ride, IMHO. chip and exhaust and you will be spankin' the VR6 boys. VR6's just cost too much to mod, and yes i have had VR so i know what i am talking about.
good luck with your decision, if you can wait the WRX STi is coming soon. sure its a Subbie but there are 15 different turbos that will bolt right up to the stock manifold. talk about possibilities!!
matt
edit: regarding my no MK4 yellow comment, i don't want anyone to tell me about the baby poop yellow that was offered. that color was not yellow IMHO.

[Modified by FreeStage3, 6:19 PM 2-2-2003]

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
Re: ATL,. Someone convince me. (kevr6)

quote:[HR][/HR] I do like the badging ........
[HR][/HR]​
there's a bunny on the back
. besides that, the mk4 jazz blue with some gunmetal/polished lip 18's and a serious drop all the way home http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif you got me thinking

take care,
nash

·
Registered
177 Posts

Well, I don't really care about that. Please don't call me that. My name is Darko. I've personally met a few dubbers at Alabama for the first time. And Damir told me about this place, and suggested I used the nick. If you don't believe me, ask me next time I'm at the meet.
This is me (on the right
)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.