VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of some tire shops that my be willing to stretch some tires for me, and I am not talking about 195-45 on an 8 either....

·
Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room.
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda
38,026 Posts
Re: ATL: Tire stretching needed (screename)

maybe he's talking about stretching 13's on an 18'' wheel. I know your tricks Dewey.

·
Banned
2,080 Posts
Re: ATL: Tire stretching needed (130_R)

any shop will do it i guess. discount tire put my 225's on a 8.5 wheel. not sure if it qualifies for a tire strechting, but it was stretched to me.

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
Re: ATL: Tire stretching needed (paik)

Quote, originally posted by 12v_Dub »
discount tire put my 225's on a 8.5 wheel. not sure if it qualifies for a tire strechting, but it was stretched to me.

don't think that is what blake means' by STRETCH.....
Quote, originally posted by paik »
try butler.

don't even bother. they do not want to be held responsible for installing the "improper" tires for the wheel application

call wright's car care 770 451-6789. they are very close to automod. they'll give anything a try

take care,
nash

·
Registered
381 Posts
Re: ATL: Tire stretching needed (Nashty Rabbit)

when i worked at butler, i streched tires
alot of gemballa wheels with streched tires, i dont know what your talkin about nash

edit:
i'll tell you what tho, i will never strech another tire, too much of a PIA and too much work.
go with the guy that nash said tho, from what i have heard, he's good http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by Vr6Jolf at 8:20 PM 5-20-2004

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Re: ATL: Tire stretching needed (12v_Dub)

Quote, originally posted by 12v_Dub »
any shop will do it i guess

That's a negative

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Re: ATL: Tire stretching needed (Eurorigged)

Call Dak @ Cartunes 404-256-5600
5834 Roswell Rd. Just outside 285. Right next to American Pie.

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
Re: ATL: Tire stretching needed (Vr6Jolf)

Quote, originally posted by Vr6Jolf »
when i worked at butler, i streched tires
alot of gemballa wheels with streched tires, i dont know what your talkin about nash

i]

well, the ones that don't get paid under the table won't do it

like i said, call wrights car care, cause most places will refuse to do it, especially with the kinda of stretch you're talking about

ATL, get ready to learn................
take care,
nash

·
Registered
7,051 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Nashty Rabbit »

ATL, get ready to learn................

Like any of you guys got anything to teach anybody.

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
Re: ATL: Tire stretching needed (vr6swap)

Quote, originally posted by vr6swap »

i'm sorry, we'll just wait around till you teach us something
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

like i said......
"ATL, get ready to learn................"
take care,
nash

·
Registered
381 Posts

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

call wright's car care 770 451-6789. they are very close to automod. they'll give anything a try

take care,
nash

blangin' bro http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Re: ATL: Tire stretching needed (Vr6Jolf)

I had a bunch of places say they wouldn't install my 205's on an 8" wheel. Discount Tires wanted $150 just to try

I tell you..If you're ever in the Marietta area and want it done (and done right), there is a (gulp) Goodyear over hear thats managed by an enthusiast. I went to get mine installed and didnt have the proper valve stems. Turns out my wheels needed some special euro-type stem (long story).
He went and called some people, got the stems and installed everything very well. He still only charged $20 each to mount and balance.
Its Goodyear on the corner of Roswell and East Piedmont. Ask for Jason http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Also, Gran Tourismo may be a bet. Although they were a little reluctant to do mine, they said they'd try. Kieren is a cool cat over there.

·
Registered
7,051 Posts

i'm sorry, we'll just wait around till you teach us something
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

like i said......
"ATL, get ready to learn................"
take care,
nash

All my projects are on hold 'till my house sells. Until then, you sheep will have to be content with copying what you see in the magazines.

·
Banned
12,870 Posts

All my projects are on hold 'till my house sells. Until then, you sheep will have to be content with copying what you see in the magazines.

Or we could just be content with your ever present lip and negative attitude. It does wonders for your image and the scene.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts

oh boy this htread is about to go DOWN the hole http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Gargamell (from the smurfs) has enteredthe building......

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
Re: ATL: Tire stretching needed (VDUBNDizzy)

Quote, originally posted by VDUBNDizzy »

Or we could just be content with your ever present lip and negative attitude. It does wonders for your image and the scene.

I'm not concerned about the local "scene", as I'm not convinced there is one. Not really worried about my "image", either, as there's too many other people trying to take credit for everything I do anyway, and I'm too old to be stressing about the opinions of college-educated boy-b*tches.
"Ever-present" ? Yeah, all day,every day. Whatever. And anybody could pick up a negative attitude reading your posts in the 1.8T forums, also known as the MK4 forum Jr. You'd argue with a f*cking fencepost.
Adam, if you've got such a problem with me, why not take it up with me in person, instead of kvetching about it on here, or hiding behind your laptop at Dynolab?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.