VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a ATP intercooler off of vortex a couple of weeks ago. I want to confirm that it is a real ATP intercooler. Please take a look at the pictures and tell me if it is real or fake. The seller said the intercooler was 3 years old. First picture is the intercooler. Second is what is printed on the intercooler.

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
Re: ATP Intercooler Owners (LazyAzn)

looks nothing like mine, but there is one for the 1.8ts that looks similar to that.

·
Registered
9,483 Posts

send the pics to ATP...they'll be able to confirm or deny that it's one of their cores.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: ATP Intercooler Owners (FMF)

Yeah they told me it wasn't one of there intercoolers but I just wanted to make sure.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts

i had a original atp intercooler for my 01 wolf that looked just like that. i bought two kits from atp in 02 for my car and a buddys car at the dealer and they both looked exactly like that.
let me see if i can find pics though

·
Banned
3,371 Posts
Re: ATP Intercooler Owners (jackyltardvaark)

the tell tale sign is the cast endtanks. atp uses welded endtanks. it doesn't matter though, if it's a quality core, the endtanks can be w/e they want. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Re: ATP Intercooler Owners (under boost)

well when we ordered the two kits from atp at the time, one intercooler was cast and one was welded like the one in the picture.
i cant find pic of the red 01 golf with it on it, but it looks just like the one i put on his car

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: ATP Intercooler Owners (jackyltardvaark)

now I am just confused if it is real or not the seller has been on vwvortex for quite awhile so I don't see him scamming me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts