VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's 4 grand
ok heres your turbo kit
oh i'm sorry we forgot to tell you that we gave you everything but the piping for the IC and the DP and the chip
whats that ? when will we have it? ohhh who the FFFFFFFFFF knows
oh great thanks for your help.
i'll just stare at my car till you decide when you'll complete my order
thanks for telling me when i first placed the order.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Re: ATP is pissing me off something fierce (96golfx-flow)

hehehe had the same thing happen to me last year, chip took 3 weeks, and they shipped half of my order.... i mean why the hell i would need an fmic w/o piping for......

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Re: ATP is pissing me off something fierce (D Wiz)

In speaking of ATP, I was going to order oil lines and stuff, but there is no add to cart button! Some items on the site can be bought online, others can't.. Do you know what's up with that? Do I have to call them up to order it?
Good luck with everything man..

·
Banned
5,765 Posts
Re: ATP is pissing me off something fierce (StevenT)

I called them up for a few odds and ends and was told not to call anymore since they are only taking online orders from now on. Too bad though, the only time I got my parts on time was when I called to order them. Time to go somewhere else to find small things.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Re: ATP is pissing me off something fierce (Anand20v)

Ya.. can't find the oil lines on the site, I'll have to give them a call and see what's up..

·
Registered
1,078 Posts

I absolutely hate ATP.
Way too many problems that I've had with them to post about...I've posted about them a lot.

·
Registered
8,608 Posts
Re: ATP is pissing me off something fierce (GTibunny16v)

Quote, originally posted by GTibunny16v »
I called them up for a few odds and ends and was told not to call anymore since they are only taking online orders from now on. Too bad though, the only time I got my parts on time was when I called to order them. Time to go somewhere else to find small things.

Oh damn! That sucks! I realized this too, whoever takes care of the online ish there needs to get his/her ass in gear. When I called them, I got everything I ordered quick and there were no errors. I was very pleased. I got confused while surfing their site. I don't understand why the hell they have two sites, one of which has VW stuff (but no order buttons) and the other which has no VW stuff. A real pain in the ass.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Re: ATP is pissing me off something fierce (Agtronic)

athst when you buy a 400$ welder and make your own piping, comes out better and more satisfaction
i was gonna order a watsegate yesterday and tey gave me no prob, just that they didint have the size on stock

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Re: ATP is pissing me off something fierce (D Wiz)

D Wiz, don't order wastegates from ATP when you can go on honda tech and get them cheaper! I picked up a Tial 38mm for $240 (black). You can get the regular 38mm ones for $215 shipped.
I'm only ordering some gaskets and oil lines from ATP, all my pipes I'm gonna do myself..

·
Banned
5,765 Posts

I wouldnt even order oil lines from ATP. You can buy the fittings and line for $25-30 (ea. line) and spend 10 minutes putting it together and have a line that fits perfectly.

·
Banned
802 Posts
Re: ATP is pissing me off something fierce (GTibunny16v)

weird atp was always come through for me got my whole kit on time no probs and the chip worked to boot!!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Re: ATP is pissing me off something fierce (BlkVentoTurbo)

3 years ago I got an ATP kit for my A1 and I had to wait 4 months for the turbo to come. The downpipe didn't fit and the intake piping was completely wrong.
I would use the manifold and oil lines again though.

·
Banned
5,531 Posts
Re: ATP is pissing me off something fierce (aventari)

I have never had a problem w/ ATP, I mean you just have to talk to the right people I think. I have alway recieved all my parts on time w/ everything, so have all my friends. Oh well. Sorry to hear it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Re: ATP is pissing me off something fierce (sick01)

ATP has got to have the worst business practices I've ever encountered.
One day you get lucky and catch George at the office and all goes well. He is pleasant to talk with and knows his products. The next day you get stuck with someone who knows little more than how to answer a phone, and he asks you to call back in ten min cause Art is on the phone. Art seems to be the next knowledgeable person there. He seems to always be on the phone and a little flustered probably due to customer info overload. Out of the 10 times or better I’ve been told I'd get a call back, I received 1 return call. But I'm used to hunting people down for the info I want. How you run a business that supplies multiple countries with a sales staff smaller than a corner Kinko’s is beyond me. Not to mention only half the staff is educated on products they sell.

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
Re: ATP is pissing me off something fierce (Irate)

yeah, they dont return calls and make it seem like nobody knows whats going on. I bought defective parts from them, and recently sent them back. Ill post back up to see if I get my rightful refund so I can get my car functional again

Im giving them the benefit of the doubt for the time being

·
Registered
610 Posts
i had no problem with them. i had spoken with Su everytime. the only delay i had was that my turbo had to be custom built and it took 2 months. they blamed it on turbonetics. they promised it sooner than they could ship it out.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Re: (euro_racer16v)

Ok, so I had a bad experience with my 1.8T Stage III with a T3 S60 setup earlier this year. Parts were missing, the DP didn't fit and the wastegate was setup to exhaust within the engine bay so I had to do a custom dump tube. Then I ordered some specific T-clamps (3" & 2" ...) and they sent me 10x 2.5" T-clamps. As I've stated earlier, they're smoking something funny in that shipping department.
So... what do I do? I ordered from them again, using the e-shop. It's on its way now. I ordered 3x 3" alu elbows (2x45 deg, 1 90 deg) and a set of sparkplugs. Shipping was immediate, so let's see what gets here.
Speedy G

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Re: (Speedy G)

Quote, originally posted by Speedy G »
As I've stated earlier, they're smoking something funny in that shipping department.

Whats funny is that the "shipping department" is the same area as the employees cubes, which is the same area as the assembly, which is the same area....
ATP has an office about 10'x10', and the area for the employees is about 20' x 20', and then a pretty decent sized garage.
They are itty bitty. The only thing that sucks is that they seem to not have an idea as to how much of the market they can grab, that people want to use ATP and want them to do well. They are a couple strong guys away from being a real entity.

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
Re: (new 337)

its funny how the person you call for is never there at the moment. And surprisingly, they NEVER call you back!

I cant knock their personal products, but i cant help but believe that the situation would be different if i were giving them ~$800 instead of them oweing it back to me
http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

1 - 20 of 22 Posts