VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. I've been waiting for a stage 3 kit for my APH NB to be available for years!
So after all the waiting the only kit available is the ATP stage3.
This kit includes injectors, manifold, programming, etc. for the 2000 NB according to their website.
Is this kit worth it?
How does it perfom??
Drivability??
Programming any good???
Reliability???
Do I need to upgrade the fuel pump????
Any experience would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Re: ATP Stage 3 input???? (slugII)

Quote, originally posted by slugII »
O.K. I've been waiting for a stage 3 kit for my APH NB to be available for years!
So after all the waiting the only kit available is the ATP stage3.
This kit includes injectors, manifold, programming, etc. for the 2000 NB according to their website.
Is this kit worth it?
How does it perfom??
Drivability??
Programming any good???I dont know on a Beetle how the programming is bu I do know they have a pretty sick beetle there making great power so they have to have a descent program for it. When I have the stage 3 on my car I
Reliability???
Do I need to upgrade the fuel pump????
Any experience would be appreciated.

had a small trim t3/t4 and it ran very nicely, very reliable never broke down and it had decent spool up. You can keep your stock fuel pump but you wont be making crazy HP w/ it. Drivability is cnice I think, I had no problems w/ it.. I know quite a few people w/ it and they are happy too. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Good Luck. go for it.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Cool. Did you buy there kit or did you piece one together yourself?
If you did buy the "kit", is it plug and play or did you do dyno tuning to get running right?
I noticed you also live in WI. I'm in the U.P. of MI so not far. What Garage/mech did you use for tuning?

·
Registered
5,130 Posts

Quote, originally posted by slugII »
Cool. Did you buy there kit or did you piece one together yourself?
If you did buy the "kit", is it plug and play or did you do dyno tuning to get running right?
I noticed you also live in WI. I'm in the U.P. of MI so not far. What Garage/mech did you use for tuning?

We always just order the kit it is easier that was just spec out your turbo antell ATP what turbo you want w/ the kit. To me the kit is plug and play there are a few things that always come up tho just like everything. The manifold is a pain to install but it fits and works. As far as tuning I do all the installs and tuning on the cars... I have never needed to actually tune an ATP kit to get running right, only if you want MORE power.

·
Banned
4,542 Posts

I'm satisfied with their hardware and receiving it in a timely manner. however, I am NOT satisfied with having to wait 3weeks to receive the Software and if there is a problem with the Software, I may have to wait at least an addional 3weeks. So I would recomend buying the hardware kit minus the software, then getting the Software from another source... Perhaps something along the lines of the revo BigTurboKit.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Re: ATP Stage 3 input???? (exS4)

Quote, originally posted by exS4 »
I'm satisfied with their hardware and receiving it in a timely manner. however, I am NOT satisfied with having to wait 3weeks to receive the Software and if there is a problem with the Software, I may have to wait at least an addional 3weeks. So I would recomend buying the hardware kit minus the software, then getting the Software from another source... Perhaps something along the lines of the revo BigTurboKit.

do you have a stage 3 or 2? I am sure the soft ware availability is a little different betwen the 2.

·
Banned
4,542 Posts
Re: ATP Stage 3 input???? (Lag)

How do you figure-that?
There's one guy "George" who does ALL the programming for the ATP chips... Unless you know something that I'm not aware of.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Re: ATP Stage 3 input???? (exS4)

Quote, originally posted by exS4 »
How do you figure-that?
There's one guy "George" who does ALL the programming for the ATP chips... Unless you know something that I'm not aware of.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts