VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 Tiguan SEL-Premium. Received an email from VW indicating that ATT is discontinuing 3G service and that my 18 Tiguan would be unable to send/receive data after Jan 31, 2022. I don't have an active Car-Net Subscription anymore, but figured I would post this for others who might. Assume this does not apply to newer vehicles with current wireless communication technology.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
In the “turn down” PDF document it mentions going to the dealership and being able to have them upgrade the 3G Hardware.

Rectangle Font Technology Circle Screenshot

PDF is Attached.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
No mention of an upgrade path in the email and it appears a revised version of the PDF no longer mentions it as well.
Looks like they silently wiped all traces of the upgrade path. That’s a pretty evil, but indeed financially understandable, move on their behalf.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Happy and Healthy New Year Guys,

I have 2018 Atlas that was bought January 1st 2019 has extended warranty on it - would be a nice to have a resolution.

I know 2018 VW Car-Net is not failproof.
I know it doesn't have remote start.
I know this feature gives false sensor readings when I have to run 5 blocks cause my don't disturb feature on the phone completely ignored warnings from 5 hours ago that trunk is open (and it was closed!!!!).

But and it is A BIG BUT it saved my life in the accident when I was hit and spun out on major highway it called fire department, ambulance and police before I knew what happened.

On another note anyone has any thoughts on alternatives - I know Viper does something similar but not sure if they provide SOS feature.

Did anyone researched how much would it cost to get my2020 feature for VW cars and install in our older models?

for crying out loud hope none of you had to ever use it's most important SOS feature but it is worth it - how much is 4g radio costs?!

Regards,
Lex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts