VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how would you recommend I go about mounting my Kamei eyebrows on my GTi? 3M double sided tape or the provided epoxy? will the epoxy yellow the glass headlamp if i choose to remove the piece in the future?

James

oblig pic of my VR

· Banned
31,069 Posts
Re: Attaching eyebrows (Maflagulator)

I used 3m automotive use double sided tape and had the headlights for about 5-6 months... When I wanted to remove the eyelids when I did the Jolf swap they eyelids were starting to crack a little before the tape would let up....

· Registered
8,394 Posts
i used double face tape when i used to have them things , dont worry they wont fall off , i snapped one in half trying to take it off

· Registered
3,082 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Maflagulator »
will the epoxy yellow the glass headlamp if i choose to remove the piece in the future?

You won't be able to remove the eyelids ever if you use the epoxy. At least that's what I've been told.
I used the 3M tape. Held up just fine.

· Registered
1,387 Posts
Re: Attaching eyebrows (iamdoingthat)

Quote, originally posted by iamdoingthat »

You won't be able to remove the eyelids ever if you use the epoxy. At least that's what I've been told.
I used the 3M tape. Held up just fine.

3M tape. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif I used the double side 'outdoor' one (red backing). Stuff works great even after someone tried to steal them off my car they held up

· Registered
575 Posts

easy don't do it, i got a pair of mk4 looks with someone else put them on and i got them off and they were epoxied on. no probs use a butter knife

Modified by revo 3vom at 5:34 AM 1-8-2004

· Registered
192 Posts
Re: Attaching eyebrows (Arsuron)

i lost an eyebrow and cracked a windshield with 3m tape, but appearently im the only person every who its happened too. most people use 3m tape, and it seems to be the best option. go for 3m, or i will kill a kitten.

· Registered
3,912 Posts
Re: (lehr leistung)

Quote, originally posted by lehr leistung »
i used double face tape when i used to have them things , dont worry they wont fall off , i snapped one in half trying to take it off

LOL same here!!

· Registered
1,127 Posts

double sided tape all the way -
as per yellowing, the provided kamei adhesive is actually not epoxy, its a urethane adhesive, most likely balck in color too, and yes it will leave a color residue if you remove them. most epoxies are clear, and won't usually ruin a finish or leave anything behind. also, urethane when heated will come off quite easily, so easy in fact that if your car sits long enough on a hot sunny day, someone can easily pull them off with their hands. I've seen it happen.
go for the tape my friend...

· Registered
17,226 Posts
Re: Attaching eyebrows (ottomobile)

Quote, originally posted by ottomobile »
i lost an eyebrow and cracked a windshield with 3m tape, but appearently im the only person every who its happened too. most people use 3m tape, and it seems to be the best option. go for 3m, or i will kill a kitten.

dude, you told me you stuck them on the hood, then pissed all over them & that's why they didn't stick. why do you have to tell lies

· Registered
2,128 Posts
Re: Attaching eyebrows (Moe Sizlack)

Quote, originally posted by Moe Sizlack »

dude, you told me you stuck them on the hood, then pissed all over them & that's why they didn't stick. why do you have to tell lies

I would have to say that post was the funniest one i've ever read... i remember having tears in my eyes when i read it

· Registered
1,802 Posts
Re: Attaching eyebrows (revo 3vom)

Quote, originally posted by revo 3vom »
easy don't do it, i got a pair of mk4 looks with someone else put them on and i got them off and they were epoxied on. no probs use a butter knife

Word....I've actually done this twice. Once after I got my car back from the shop after a fender bender. And then again last year after a neurotic stone decided to make one of my MkIV looks its home while on the highway. I've always used epoxy. The butter knife works like a charm. Never had any problems with them falling off or being stolen and what not.
JR

· Registered
21,982 Posts
Re: Attaching eyebrows (JR Dubhead)

I used double sided tape for the eyelids that I installed on my girls Jetta...just make sure you clean the area where the tape is going to make contact with some alcohol and let it dry so you know it gets a good seat with the tape.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.