Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope you read this!
I feel that the "New" Jetta GLI should be added to this forum. The GTI guys get two special edition cars and get their own forum. SO I feel that the Jetta guys who finally get their special car should get a part of the special forum. One, because it is practically an identical car to the 20ae and the 337 in a sedan body. And two, because it just seems like it fits here if you think the 337 and 20th owners are here. It's a very similiar car. So what do you think? Any vortexers chime in if you agree/disagree http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
808 Posts
Re: Attention Mods and Admins...Please read!!! (2ndTimesACharm)

are they making a limited number of these cars? probably not. it will be a regular jetta. they are just reinstating the GLI name plate. has there ever been a 337? yes, the gti/rabbit was named 337 as the prototype name. has there ever been a 20th AE? no, it is special b/c it is the 20th anniversary of the GTI in the US. what is special about the GLI? wheels? badge? six speed? sure the 337 and 20th have these too but it is about limited production. is there a seperate forum the bettle turbo S? or the GTI? how about the audi RS6? that doesn't have a forum. how about the bently GT. i could go on and on and on about th other cars that don't have forums. especially ones that have a "special badge". i don't think you'll get much sympathy here.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Attention Mods and Admins...Please read!!! (machine1970)

haha dude...its the exact same car mechanically...why shouldn't it be here?

so just cause your car has a serial number it deserves a forum when the exact same car mechanically with four doors and not limited doesn't? THe point of forums is to get info/share info/get help on your car. If it THE SAME CAR mechanically, then i have no idea why it souldn't be.
i skipped over hte second half of your post becasue you were being very biased against your car becuase it is better than a GLI becuase it is limited production. that has nothing to do with other NEW GLI members could use this forum and visa versa for a source of information. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (machine1970)

ok so you did not say better exactly. but i do not get your reasoning that it should not be there. it is the same exact car in a jetta body. so can you explain your reasoning without making it sound like you think the 337/20ae is better, becuase you don't think it is?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Re: (2ndTimesACharm)

the 337 and the 20th are limited editions. the r32 has it's own forum, is the TT3.2 on this forum? it has the same drive train. does this mean it should be on the same forum? i can see having a different forum maybe, that would be valid. when the 2.0T comes out should this be included in the 1.8T forum? they are the same right?

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

tt3.2 should not be in the same as the r32...the r32 is a golf and the 3.2tt is a tt

the 2.0t should not be in the 1.8t forum. just like the 2.8L vr6 and the 3.2L vr6 have different forums in the technical forum.
the GLI and the 20ae/337 have the same tranny, same chassis, same engine, same seats, same everything. the information is transferable between the 3 models almost interchangably. it deserves to be here.

the r32 forum is by itself becuase it is a completely different car than the 20ae/337 and standard golf/gti.
the GLI should not have its own forum becuase of how similiar it is to the 2 cars in this forum

·
Registered
808 Posts

the TT 3.2 and the R32 are the same. the TT is based on the golf platform as the golf and jetta are based on the same platform. the beetle turbo S has the same mechanicals as the 337/20th. the 2.8 and the 3.2 are different engines also, the 3.2 has 24v the 2.8 has 30v

Modified by machine1970 at 1:34 PM 2-14-2004

Modified by machine1970 at 1:43 PM 2-14-2004

·
Registered
2,922 Posts

who gives a crap?
if they add it in here, the only thing that will be annoying is everyone coming in again going ...
"whats the difference between the 337 and 20th?"
other than that it would add some new blood to the usual pricks in here and that might not be such a bad thing

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Re: (clattymine)

This is the GTI 337/20th GTI forum for the limited GTI's.
Theirs no where near the "pricks" in this forum as there is in the mk4 forum. So why would we want to add to this forum?
I think it should be in its own or in the mk4 forum.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts

Quote, originally posted by 2ndTimesACharm »
tt3.2 should not be in the same as the r32...the r32 is a golf and the 3.2tt is a tt

Ok, two can play that game...
New GLI should not be in the same as the 337/20AE...the 337/20AE is a GTI and the New GLI is a jetta

Face the truth man, theres nothing special about the New GLI. They only made one for two reasons, 1, because the jetta folks were whining and felt like they got left out while the GTI got all the goodies, and 2, it's VW's last attempt to make as much a profit they can on the MKIV jetta. I think the New GLI should stay in the MKIV forum.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Re: (vwpassatboy)

Why did you bring this topic back. It has been discussed so many times in the past. If they wanted our input on this they would have asked.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Re: (JJ2K1)

Quote, originally posted by JJ2K1 »

Ok, two can play that game...
New GLI should not be in the same as the 337/20AE...the 337/20AE is a GTI and the New GLI is a jetta

Face the truth man, theres nothing special about the New GLI. They only made one for two reasons, 1, because the jetta folks were whining and felt like they got left out while the GTI got all the goodies, and 2, it's VW's last attempt to make as much a profit they can on the MKIV jetta. I think the New GLI should stay in the MKIV forum.

i'm going to have to agree with this

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Re: (b16a2racer)

Gti.....Jetta
2 Doors....4 Doors
Hatch....Trunk
This forum is about the 5900 (Counting Canada) Limited GTi's not Jetta

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Re: (HardIce2447)

Well said.
Quote, originally posted by HardIce2447 »
Gti.....Jetta
2 Doors....4 Doors
Hatch....Trunk

·
Registered
772 Posts
Re: (HardIce2447)

Quote, originally posted by HardIce2447 »
Gti.....Jetta
2 Doors....4 Doors
Hatch....Trunk

Yup... NO girly Jetta's needed here.

·
Banned
20,212 Posts
Re: (chris98GTI)

Quote, originally posted by chris98GTI »
This thread is comedy gold.

Yup.
The fact that some people don't want the GLI to be a part of this forum, means nothing.
It's coming here whether you like it or not. Now hit the showers and call it a day.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Re: (Gateway337)

Quote, originally posted by Gateway337 »

It's coming here whether you like it or not. Now hit the showers and call it a day.

how do you know this?
also love your sig "God Created Turbo Lag To Give R32's A Chance - 1.8T" http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.