VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone... i was writing this thread to tell anyone that is within close proximity of Toledo that there is a big car get-together every friday and saturday night in Toledo!!!! It's not all Volkswagens, mostly just imports as a whole, but i personally would love to see some more Volkswagens roll into our parking lot!!!!
The location is at the corner of Airport and Reynolds. In the Pier 1 parking lot. The venue usually starts at about 9'ish at night..
We've been having a good turnout on the nights that are warm... and it's looking like this summer should be pretty crazy.. about a month ago we had a weekend that was like 70 and we had like 75-100 cars there and like some 200-300 people there!!!!! so if anyone lives with in driving distance of Toledo stop on by!!!!

Hope to see you there!!!!

·
Registered
8,445 Posts
Re: Attention Toledo and Surrounding Area Vdubers!!!! (dragginconceptzjetta)

As soon as its warmer i'll be there!!! hopefully I can get some of the Cleveland and Mentor crowd out here too. Its gonna be sweet as soon as its not stupid winter in the middle of spring.
Edit: it freaking snowing outside right now!!! I hate this crap.

[Modified by UTdaneVW, 2:45 PM 4-5-2002]

·
Registered
8,445 Posts

i cant go to the drags, my brother is here for little sibs weekend on campus, so my weekend will not allow me to go to this event.

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
Re: Attention Toledo and Surrounding Area Vdubers!!!! (UTdaneVW)

ok i forgot, how long do these last? my convertible will be on teh road by sat and MAY be able to make it

·
Registered
12 Posts

Hey this is the turbo'd Mercedes guy from Toledo, I see you are advertising this here too
Yelp, you guys organized a pretty big weekly gathering!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Re: Attention Toledo and Surrounding Area Vdubers!!!! (Turbo C-Ya)

i know, late post but what the hey

i just got my 2002 VW GTi 1.8T on April 5th and have been buzzing around toledo in it. In toledo, I have only seen 2 other GTI's, a red one and a black one...anyone of these belong to anyone here? seen quite a few vw's in the last week though, even pulled up next to a yellow turbo beetle with a smiley face on the front of it.
maybe i will come out to airport one of these fridays when i am not working. right now i am bone stock, but that will change around midmay when i have money to invest into exhaust/intake/chip.
if you see a silver vw gti 1.8t around alexis road, that's mine. give me ahint you are from the board and i will pull over and chat or contact me on aim or icq.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Re: Attention Toledo and Surrounding Area Vdubers!!!! (01GTi2Quick)

hey just wanted to get this old topic back up there cuz we need all the vdubs showing up. it would definately be great to not be one of the only german rides up there chillin

·
Registered
427 Posts
Re: Attention Toledo and Surrounding Area Vdubers!!!! (rico8088)

bump and question...
any truth to the rumor of cops and fighting last friday night? i didn't make it out there, but if this stuff i heard holds true, i doubt i will be heading out there.
someone clarify the situation for me if you know.

·
Registered
31,002 Posts
Re: Attention Toledo and Surrounding Area Vdubers!!!! (WebRioter)

Why don't you guys up there ORGANIZE something like a Euro/VW/Audi/whatever GTG?
Maybe a cruise, then show/shine/eat.
No offense, but what's so great about dickswinging/representin' in a parking lot full of hobby-of-the-month Honda tuners?

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Re: Attention Toledo and Surrounding Area Vdubers!!!! (Jman5000)

because their arnt enough vw's in toledo to do so....
by the way, may 19th, big show in auburn hill mich. mostly a air-cooled show, but i have seen many nice watercoolers show up in the pass.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Re: Attention Toledo and Surrounding Area Vdubers!!!! (g60-inside)

actually, there are quite a few nice vw's in toledo, and i have seen a couple nice audi's, just none of them post on this board really. i know of 3 gti's in toledo, and quite a few golf/jetta's that are new and pretty damn nice looking.
btw, i heard the cop thing at pier 1 was because of noise.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Re: Attention Toledo and Surrounding Area Vdubers!!!! (WebRioter)

I will probably be doing an UPsolute GTG for VW/Audi on Sunday May 26 (Memorial Day sunday) in Oregon (east of Toledo). Mostly for chiptuning, but many OH-MI guys come to hang out.

·
Registered
31,002 Posts
Re: Attention Toledo and Surrounding Area Vdubers!!!! (g60-inside)

quote:[HR][/HR]because their arnt enough vw's in toledo to do so....
by the way, may 19th, big show in auburn hill mich. mostly a air-cooled show, but i have seen many nice watercoolers show up in the pass.[HR][/HR]​
That's why you organize...get on OhioVW, get on VWEdge...build something.
Posting a "show up guys" isn't nearly enough. I'd love to come to a GTG back in my old hometown.
Here in Columbus, the metroparks are cool w/lotsa cars showing up. Plus they have BBQ facilities.
Wildwood would work, huh?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Re: Attention Toledo and Surrounding Area Vdubers!!!! (Jman5000)

Wildwood would work, huh?
yes, wildwood would work perfectly. pick one of the side lots(2 or 3) and i bet we could fill up most of the spaces.
i have no objections with something like this. i'll try and talk it over with someo of the toledo vw'rs when i talk to them next.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Re: Attention Toledo and Surrounding Area Vdubers!!!! (Green Goblin)

quote:[HR][/HR]I will probably be doing an UPsolute GTG for VW/Audi on Sunday May 26 (Memorial Day sunday) in Oregon (east of Toledo). Mostly for chiptuning, but many OH-MI guys come to hang out.
[HR][/HR]​
too bad you won't be doing some APR tuning, that's the chip i plan on buying. i live about 5mins from oregon(I-75 to 280). point place

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.