VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...after much debate, i decided to pose this question.
Of those of you who have turboed (or Superchrged your R's), have any of you moved from one system to another (i think a few went EIP to HPA, but i could be wrong). If you have moved, do you mind telling me why? Was it customer service issues? crap systems? not what you expected?
I didnt see a topic like this in the archives, but that is not to say i didnt completely miss it (im overseas and its late....so if i did miss it, be kind).
Anyway, there are 4 key systems 3 Turbos (Streetwerk, EIP, and HPA) and 1 supercharger (VF), so if anyone has had the experiance of switching chime in. Oh, and if you did change, did u get what you wanted/expected? And/or did you lose something else in the switch?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Attention Turboed and Supercharged R's (DiscoStu)

Quote, originally posted by DiscoStu »
Oh boy...
Here we go...

Right.
I was hoping there would be a mature aspect to this topic (which i forgot to mention).
Please, lets keep the "So and so is sh*t, so i go this other guy's kit"
Actual reasons (minus any name calling and false accusation stuff).
I have a suspicious feeling that this will end badly, but im hoping it doesnt.
Mods....if it starts going bad....just close this thread.....id rather not get a complete answer then wade through some pathetic p*ssing contest (which i hope doesnt occur).....
Oh, and it might help more if ppl with the turbos actually answered instead of ppl with out....

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Attention Turboed and Supercharged R's (henman5000)

seen the 1st one...was about EIP...was a reason i posted the question....
no one has had an issue with the others????
I hadnt seen the 2nd one...thanks though

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Re: Attention Turboed and Supercharged R's (bluehtchbckdrv1)

Watch the EIP stage IV dyno video a few times... I still have dreams about it
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif If I had the money, and a flatbed, I'd be headed back East right now.
A buddy of mine has the VF stage 1 kit. He paided 7 grand for parts, and install. He took me for a ride when he first got it... not that impressed... definitely not for 7g's, but hey, just my opinion

·
Registered
4,116 Posts

I know that scharged switched from VF stg. II to EIP stg. I. He never wrote anything about it.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Quote, originally posted by henman5000 »
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2694835
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2168062
These are two good ones. Both were locked, this thread will be too.

The second link...they said the kit went bad cause of a botched install. Other then EIP having an installer that was incompetent....its not the parts that failed. So based on that thread, having EIP do the install...wouldnt it function correctly and not have an issue?

Modified by bluehtchbckdrv1 at 8:06 PM 7-7-2006

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
best bang for your buck Turbo or supercharger?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Attention Turboed and Supercharged R's (speedbump2)

Quote, originally posted by speedbump2 »
Oh Please, Please, Make It Stop!

--Chuck--

thats funny...you get the award for least helpfull post today
Look, im not making you read this thread. I would like to have some more info about this kits. Yes, we can all admit this topic has been beaten into submission, but to my knowledge, there is no thread on this particular aspect. Im not asking which is best, i just want to know if u changed, why.
im not sure which is harder...to get the answer to that question, or to get everyone else to understand that i am not asking which one is best!!!!

Modified by bluehtchbckdrv1 at 8:14 PM 7-7-2006

·
Banned
948 Posts

Quote, originally posted by bluehtchbckdrv1 »
thats funny...you get the award for least helpfull post today
Look, im not making you read this thread. I would like to have some more info about this kits. Yes, we can all admit this topic has been beaten into submission, but to my knowledge, there is no thread on this particular aspect. Im not asking which is best, i just want to know if u changed, why.
im not sure which is harder...to get the answer to that question, or to get everyone else to understand that i am not asking which one is best!!!!

Modified by bluehtchbckdrv1 at 8:14 PM 7-7-2006

OK i understand where you are coming from but heres the facts!
This is the vortex and everyone but your family is on here with a voice
most seem to think their voice is to slander companies.
Anyone that has switched has posted when/why/who they switched to.
Your not going to find anyone willing to bash a kit they just paid $$ for
unless it's junk and when it's junk or they think it's junk we see another f
that screw this company their customer service is crap etc.
Your best bet is to not even waste your breath "trying" to keep this
thread clean and not locked or on page hell-n-back.
Heres the people i know who have switched from something to another
Neb VF stage 2 -> HPA 360 -> HPA 450
Scharged VF Stage 2( i think) -> EIP Stage 1 (he's had tuning issues but i think they have been his fault with his AVCR)

·
Registered
2,633 Posts

Im gonna go out on a really small limb here...
I believe scharged changed because at the time Stage 3 VF wasnt available yet and he wanted more potential for power. I dont believe he had any running issues hes just a speed addict and impatient which resulted in him ditching the VF kit.

Im not sure why Neb switched from VF to HPA but im gonna guess it had something to do with more power (pre Stage 3) or just simply a sweet deal from HPA ?? Neb will tell you his VF kit did everything it promised and more including stellar reliability.
There was one bad exp. with a west coast installed kit but you can find all that you want to know in the referenced thread.
I dont think you are going to find any real info on this topic.
An FI kit is very expensive which most have ot work very hard to save for. Its not often someone is going to have the money to just ditch it and start over unless they sold it for a decent price or have some hook up with the new tuner.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Re: Attention Turboed and Supercharged R's (BadBoyBill)

Quote, originally posted by BadBoyBill »

Heres the people i know who have switched from something to another
Neb VF stage 2 -> HPA 360 -> HPA 450
Scharged VF Stage 2( i think) -> EIP Stage 1 (he's had tuning issues but i think they have been his fault with his AVCR)

TTigg EIP Stage 1 (for about a week) -> VF Stage II -> VF Stage III

·
Banned
6,785 Posts

TTigg EIP Stage 1 (for about a week) -> VF Stage II -> VF Stage III

I almost bought EIP Stage 1, but then researched and switched my purchase to the less expensive VF Stage 1.... and will be going Stage 2 in August!

·
Banned
10,379 Posts

I know that scharged switched from VF stg. II to EIP stg. I. He never wrote anything about it.

I'v talked to him and he said he was very happy with the change, but then told me he wasn't happy about something with EIP's turbo kit. Ask him to know more details since he won't post - don't know why

I had 2 R32's - the first one with bolt ons (chip, intake, pulleys) then I found a great deal on a VF Stage 2 R32 and sold my first one to get it. Performance with the VF Stage 2 was ok ... They should have made Stage 3 Stage 2 ... difference between stage 1/2 was mediocre, so I think for the $$$ Stage 2 should put out more power. Sure didn't feel like 350 to the crank (like they advertise)
I sold the VF Stage 2 R because I realized it would be too much to get the numbers I was looking for.

VF was very reliable and my car never gave me any problems, but small hesitations on partial throttle that from what I hear have now been fixed. If you have the $$$ go with the streetwerke turbo kit. APR tunes it, so it should be good. Time/customers will tell. Good luck http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by turboxer at 10:22 AM 7-8-2006

·
Registered
541 Posts

the mod gods are telling me that you'd be happiest with the.....
VF STG 3
thats all they are saying at this time

·
Registered
749 Posts
Re: Attention Turboed and Supercharged R's (TR32)

You gotta remember that a supercharger and a turbocharger are two completly diffrent worlds like mars and venus (superchargers being the male
) and both will perform a lot diffrent though they are both FI. Its kinda like comparing the STi and EVO to the R32. All prefrence and all to see what your after though really diffrent cars. Hopefully more peeps pitch in cus I would like to hear why people changed kits as well.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: Attention Turboed and Supercharged R's (tonywrath)

Quote, originally posted by tonywrath »
Its kinda like comparing the STi and EVO to the R32.

Huh? I agree, they are different FI options with different goals for the power...but i wouldnt compare it STi v. EVO v. R32...
And ppl have been switching between the 2...so its not that rare a thing.
Im getting a lot of PM's, so if you want some more info, PM me

·
Banned
6,785 Posts
Re: Attention Turboed and Supercharged R's (turboxer)

Quote, originally posted by turboxer »
VF was very reliable and my car never gave me any problems, but small hesitations on partial throttle that from what I hear have now been fixed.

I have that problem on mine and it's a fresh install, so no it hasn't been fixed as far as I know.

I'll drop Jeff an e-mail about it

1 - 20 of 43 Posts