VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK everyone...this was discussed on Saturday night and I just wanted to get something going that way it will be a notice and a reminder for some of us. Edwin, Jamie, Mason, Juan, and myself were toying w/ the notion of a VW trip down to RCR in the next week on Friday the 26th. Everyone sounded pumped about it and I wanted to make it an official event w/ this post. Everyone... like in the title, in the CENTEX area is invited. Since there was talk by a certain someone(kmveedub) about us Austin Boys not rep-ing
@ events. Well here is one we (ATX) will hopefully all make http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif . What do yooz guyz think??? There will be some good action there...plenty of Hondas to feast on.
-O

[Modified by 1.8 Terror, 12:16 AM 4-16-2002]

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Re: ATTN: All CENTEX Vee-Dubs....RiverCity Raceway 04/26/02 (1.8 Terror)

I am definately there my man, I joined the centex VW, Audi group the other day as well, casue i was bored, so i will try and post some poop up there about it as well, but count me in!

·
Registered
241 Posts

Count me as a tentative. I want to go, but I have to clear my schedule for that Friday. Y'all planning on caravaning down together?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: ATTN: All CENTEX Vee-Dubs....RiverCity Raceway 04/26/02 (BlueTurbo)

quote:[HR][/HR] Y'all planning on caravaning down together?[HR][/HR]​
Most likely but plans aren't for certain YET. This was just to get things in motion. Oh and Jamie I was using the term CENTEX as my own and didn't even know that was an actual group. Pretty cool though....laters. -O

·
Registered
241 Posts

Cool...I'll keep an eye on the thread and listen in to the centex list to see if any plans form.
quote:[HR][/HR] Most likely but plans aren't for certain YET. This was just to get things in motion.[HR][/HR]​

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Re: ATTN: All CENTEX Vee-Dubs....RiverCity Raceway 04/26/02 (BlueTurbo)

Yeah, i sort of figured that you were just saying Centex, and didn't know it was a group. But regardless, I posted on their site, haven't got any replies yet, but we will see. I think I will post on VW addiciton as well, see if any of those guys want to come down. probably not though.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts

[Modified by kmveedub, 11:51 PM 4-17-2002]

·
Registered
4,115 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR] Since there was talk by a certain someone(kmveedub) about us Austin Boys not repping[Modified by 1.8 Terror, 12:16 AM 4-16-2002][HR][/HR]​
Haha...very funny. I would hope you guys would be at the Ennis event going on the same weekend instead of RCR!! Unless you plan on dong both!!!! And no...it's not only a show! There will be plenty of 1320 love going down. Billy's slow Golf from DFW, a MKIV NOS GTi from SA, Rodney's 20V NB....as well as a few others will be running. If there were anytime for A-town to be repping...it will be on that weekend. There will be a show for the body kit guys.....and a track for the guys claiming HP.....see ya there!!

[Modified by kmveedub, 11:51 PM 4-17-2002]

[Modified by kmveedub, 11:52 PM 4-17-2002]

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Re: ATTN: All CENTEX Vee-Dubs....RiverCity Raceway 04/26/02 (kmveedub)

B.T.W...it's on Sunday April 28th at the track in Ennis. All Dubs too.....waterpumpers and airsuckers!!! Nothing else!!!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Re: ATTN: All CENTEX Vee-Dubs....RiverCity Raceway 04/26/02 (kmveedub)

Well....hmmmm...maybe we should go to that show instead of our own little gathering...All Vdubs sounds quite nice to me. I would definately like to see how my car runs against other VR6s, since there are none for me to play with in Austin, just 1.8Ts, which is nice, but not much competetion since they are turbo charged and I am not. Ennis is fairly far away, but worth the trip for an entire show devoted to VW. What do you think Orlando?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: ATTN: All CENTEX Vee-Dubs....RiverCity Raceway 04/26/02 (Beastie97)

Taking it into consideration...the only thing is the distance and work. But I'll most definitely see what I can do.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Re: ATTN: All CENTEX Vee-Dubs....RiverCity Raceway 04/26/02 (Beastie97)

Sorry cant make it, the car still has its probs and isnt running at its full potential so i wouldnt really like to run bad times heh. Isnt there a meet this saturday?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts