VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone scan there instruction sheet that came with the sway bar and email it to me?? I have seen websites with people outlining the installation, but would like to see what autotech has to say. In particular, are there any advantages or disadvantages to lifting the car up on ramps?
thanks,
Jeff ([email protected])

·
Registered
706 Posts
Re: Attn: Autotech Rear Sway Owners (4ceFed4)

Or you can go into the mk4 forum and look in the DIY post cause there are a couple different How To's on that list.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have not done this install, plan to in the near future. As to your question on using ramps, the shocks will be under load from the weight of the car. Where as if you put the car up on stands you can lift the wheel up enough to release the load so you can remove the bolt in which you are going to attach the sway to. Just my observations.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (Ricks03Jetta18T)

The sway went on no problem. Jack up the car, put it on stands. Once you get to taking the bolt off the lower shock mount, place the OEM jack under the mount and jack up until the bolt slides out, you can then use the jack to line up the shock, mount and sway abr bracket when the time comes for that. Some of autotechs hardware leaves me a little uneasy, moth the MK4 and MK3 mounts arent screwed tight on the lower arm mount when they are installed (you tighten here, then turn back 90*)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts