VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seriously though if that scent is due to plasticizers shouldn't the plastics become brittle as the new car scent disappears (assuming that the lack of that smell means the plasticizers are now gone)?

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Volkswagens have a very specific smell that way outlasts the "new car" smell. As others have stated, VW's (and other Germans) don't have that specific "new car" smell. Whenever it rains, my 2003 MkIV smells exactly like my old 1991 MkII. I love it. I'd take it any day over the new car smell of other brands. :thumbup: Let it age a little. You'll start to appreciate it.

·
Registered
729 Posts
So maybe I am smelling new car smell just didnt notice it because it smells different than american and japanese car new car smell.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Mine still smells brand new. Ive veen EXTREMELY meticulous about that. My windows have never been opened besides the driver side a few times. Im trying to keep it like that and not have it reeking of herbal in the first few days like it did my last car :laugh:

·
Registered
2019 VW AllTrack, 2019 VW Tiguan, 2018 Audi S4
12,555 Posts
I can't believe I have just read this entire thread.. :banghead:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Mine still smells brand new. Ive veen EXTREMELY meticulous about that. My windows have never been opened besides the driver side a few times. Im trying to keep it like that and not have it reeking of herbal in the first few days like it did my last car :laugh:
herbal :D:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts