VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Really? Do you think the wiring is waiting for me once I Dremel out the recessed section of the underside of the door panel (where I assume the puddle lights are normally mounted)?
That because mine came with puddle lights :) Yeah adding them is a whole other story!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Love it! Great work and props for having the balls to do this. These lights are so damn expensive if anything breaks. I did this to my 2008 A4 many years ago and remember baking the lights, but it was low heat, like 175 degrees. It looked killer after all was done. I am too scared to try and do this to my RS lights. Take some pics after all is put back together. Would live to know your thoughts in trying to seal the lights back together. Btw, join the TTRS Facebook group. A lot more activity on there. clicksud
Really this is amazing. Bestest car i watch today..!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Northerndroid, I see you're from Ontario (same!) I also have a TTRS. Would you be interested in building another set of headlights? Possibly over the winter when my car is put away? Can't stand the orange marker on a sepang blue car lol

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hey Northerndroid, I see you're from Ontario (same!) I also have a TTRS. Would you be interested in building another set of headlights? Possibly over the winter when my car is put away? Can't stand the orange marker on a sepang blue car lol
Where are you located and what are you looking to get done to the lights?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Where are you located and what are you looking to get done to the lights?
hey! Thanks for replying - I’m in Barrie and just honestly the orange markers wrapped black and some paint done... maybe different running lights. I’ll message you my number if you want to text me

·
Registered
33 Posts
since I dont know squat about doing this type o09f stuff do you think its possible to replace the lower piece that curves with the newer mk3 style led lights? if you can do this maybe message me the cost? I love the mk3 style headlights but all the lights on the market that fit a mk2 dont have auto levelers

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.