VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is whether or not the audi 710N DV will work better than my stock AWP DV.
For you 007P guys, I am also considering one of those, but my car is still stock, so I think that the 710N should be just fine.
I want something that will produce a little less turbo lag, and better clamping load.
Any info you may have would be awesome.

Thanks guys.

· Banned
11,472 Posts
Re: (silverA4quattro)

Quote, originally posted by silverA4quattro »
FWIW, I run a 710N on my A4. With a chip, I blew thru them quickly. Even on stock boost, they fail too often. I'd just not waste your time and get a piston DV that's rebuildable like a Forge or Bailey.

yeah thats what I was trying to say above. 007's and most aftermarket DV's are piston style with rings etc. that hold boost better and can be relubed if they ever give you any trouble. they are designed to last an extremely long time. probably outlast the life of your car.

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Audi 710N DV vs VW OEM (bigmak)

So what you are saying then (BigMak), is that my 03 Wolfsburg already has a 710n in it.
If this is the case, there is no way I am going to replace it with the same one.
I also thought that the 710n was a TT DV.
Clarification or Confirmation anyone?

· Registered
3,756 Posts
Re: (Jayizdaman)

I LOVE ALL THIS RUMORS ABOUT 710N NOT HOLDING BOOST!
Fact : 710N can handle over 30psi
Fact : Bosch tab dwg over how the valve should be mounted says after IC close to TB ......what did VW do ?
Fact : it doesent like High IAT
Fact: its propably the fastest valve on the market

· Banned
12,830 Posts
Re: (silveratljetta)

Quote, originally posted by silveratljetta »
why not spend a little more and just get the 007 and be done with it. Im sure the audi one will hold a little more boost but rhe 007 should be good for life.

Because the 007 sucks as does the 006. I tried them both and neither were as good as the 710N. I run the 710N on my K04-20 and my stage 3 setup (28R) and have had no problems. I'm pretty sure they use the 710N on Porsche turbo cars as well, at least there was one on the factory turbo 911 at the dealer.
And you cant beat them for the price!

· Registered
4,676 Posts
If the 710N is so great they wouldn't have made another revision of it. There is no way I'd trust a 710N to hold 30 psi daily. Just take a look around and see how many people have had failures. I've gone through 3 710N & P valves in 3 years-coincedently they all failed in the winter. I swear my piston valve even holds another .5 psi at redline.
If you want to keep an OEM style valve I would look into the Bosch Motorsports valves that they run on some porsches

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.