VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I am new to this forum and ultimately new to Audis. I recently bought a 1988 Audi 90 Quattro project car and I'm absolutely loving it. After driving it around for a day or two I felt that I had felt/heard enough from the car to have an idea of all the things that may be wrong with it, So it's time to get my hands dirty. Right now, I am diagnosing the engine (I'm no master mechanic but it wasn't very hard to get the intake plenum off so that I could have a look at the cam). Upon doing this, I found a small oil leak that was coming from the vacuum pump. After removing the pump, I found that there was nothing inside it at all, it was completely empty. Here are some images.

After speaking to an employee at my local automotive store, I was told that the part was discontinued and that I'd have to look elsewhere. I searched up the number on the actual pump which is 035 145 101A and I was unable to find a new/used pump anywhere on the internet. Does anyone know where I could find one of these pumps? Any help is greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have a couple of these pumps around. I'm also parting out an 89 80q, so hit me up with anything you might need.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was able to find a pump, but I have yet to see if it works or not. Anyways, I need a new cam and crank. From what I've heard the 80 doesn't have the same engine as the 90, also mine has the 10v ng, but if you have a cam and/or a crankshaft for sale for a 10v ng let me know. I'd love a blausport 272 cam but it would probly be easier to find a unicorn.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Glad you were able to find the pump. The NG engine is the same between the 80 and 90. Also, the coupe GT special build came with it as well. The difference between them lies in the year of the engine. The early engines came with a different cam than the later engines. I believe 87 to mid 89 came with a different cam than the mid 89 to 91. The later cam has a slightly more aggressive profile than the early cam.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts