VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,

I have a 2016 A3 premium plus without the Audi sport suspension. I recently drove one with the Audi sport suspension and realized I’m missing out.

I was wondering what aftermarket suspension provides a similar ride/drop? I’m thinking about going with coilovers.

Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have EMD Springs. While I like the drop, I prefer a stiffer setup. (On my 2017 A3, Premium)

I also have H&R Coilovers on my mk5 GTI.

I regret getting coilovers every time I drive it. (It's my wife's car as she didn't want to spend the extra money on coilovers)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have EMD Springs. While I like the drop, I prefer a stiffer setup. (On my 2017 A3, Premium)

I also have H&R Coilovers on my mk5 GTI.

I regret getting coilovers every time I drive it. (It's my wife's car as she didn't want to spend the extra money on coilovers)
Why the regret? Is it a comfort issue?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why the regret? Is it a comfort issue?

Woops, I meant "I regret not getting coilovers"

I feel as if the EMD springs are too "floaty" for me. As I stated, I like a stiffer setup. I feel like there's still too much body roll.
Also, I would like to go a little lower than what the springs offer (maybe another .5-.75") but that's not a deal breaker for me; just the softness of the spring.

The wife likes it because it's more of a "comfortable" drive for her (and it's her daily; her choice over mine of course).

If we would have gotten an S3/RS3 then I feel like springs would be sufficient with DCC, but for our specific A3 Premium, then I feel like we should have gotten something a little more sporty than springs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Woops, I meant "I regret not getting coilovers"

I feel as if the EMD springs are too "floaty" for me. As I stated, I like a stiffer setup. I feel like there's still too much body roll.
Also, I would like to go a little lower than what the springs offer (maybe another .5-.75") but that's not a deal breaker for me; just the softness of the spring.

The wife likes it because it's more of a "comfortable" drive for her (and it's her daily; her choice over mine of course).

If we would have gotten an S3/RS3 then I feel like springs would be sufficient with DCC, but for our specific A3 Premium, then I feel like we should have gotten something a little more sporty than springs.
Ah, that’s good to know.

Some folks have recommended just getting some used S3 shocks, struts, and springs. I haven’t been able to find a comparison of a ride feel with that upgrade compared to aftermarket. I’m looking for a compromise between sporty and comfort. The stock A3 premium is too soft for my liking coming from an autobahn GTI.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts