VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a strange problem with the lock system. The button switch on my Audi key chain does not work, and if I place the key in the driver's door, it will not open the door. I found that if I "played" with the key when inserted in the trunk, it would then release the lock on the driver's and passenger's door. What would cause this

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Re: Audi A4 1.8T 2001 Door Locks Do Not Work (audiCarl)

car ever been rekeyed? make sure the battery is good (in remote), do you have another key that you can try?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Audi A4 1.8T 2001 Door Locks Do Not Work (vedubya)

Thanks for the suggestion about checking the remote's battery, but how would this explain the key not working once inserted into the door? The car was never re-keyed.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Re: Audi A4 1.8T 2001 Door Locks Do Not Work (audiCarl)

I don't know too much about Audi's security systems, but some companys use a key that communicates with the car and even if the key is cut properly it will not work. try mabey disconnecting the battery over night to let the computer reset.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Re: Audi A4 1.8T 2001 Door Locks Do Not Work (SuperStar)

I had a locking problem with my car when it hit about 5k miles on it.. suddenly the car would start locking me INSIDE it, which would result in the alarm going on a few times.. took it to the dealer and I think they told me a vacuum line was pinched, resulting in a malfunction.. at least that's what I remember.. but anyway, it was taken care of pretty quickly and hasn't happened again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.