VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

201 - 220 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Side Assist Pack is not on the configurator. Does that mean it is standard?
When you select driver assistance PKG on p+, it adds it (even though for some reason you can't select it). Some of the prestige options have no price next to them as well even through the total computes correctly. Their configurator is a little wonky.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I wish the design trend for hatch's and SUV's would move back away from the severe slope hatch lid. They could enable so much more cargo space if they gave up on the sweeping tail line.

·
Premium Member
7,973 Posts
I was gonna make a separate thread, but I am wondering if the A6 Allroad will be the same height as the Q8 at its lowest height on air springs. This thing looks like a mutant hatchback in person.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
I was gonna make a separate thread, but I am wondering if the A6 Allroad will be the same height as the Q8 at its lowest height on air springs. This thing looks like a mutant hatchback in person.

That's the one thing I like about crossovers that's rarely appreciated by enthusiasts - because beltlines of cars have gone so high up, the greenhouse has suffered. CUVs end up getting more greenhouse to be visually taller than their car platforms so they actually feel and appear more balanced like cars from earlier eras. The C8 A6 has a shorter greenhouse than the Q8, so even with fenders lined up side by side, the Q8 will be taller.

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
9,910 Posts
Just out of curiosity, how would this exact p+ lease on a 36month 7500/yr lease?
Dont have official figures. If its anything like the A6 sedan, not well. Although on the sedan there are incentives to help some what, but would be in the 700-800s probably.

·
Registered
25,075 Posts
Dont have official figures. If its anything like the A6 sedan, not well. Although on the sedan there are incentives to help some what, but would be in the 700-800s probably.
If one looks at the residual/incentive/selling price of A4 allroad vs. A4 vs. A5 as a rough guide, I'm guessing A6 allroad will be more like A7 than A6 in terms of lease payments, despite A7 being $8k higher in MSRP.

A6 sedan is a real bargain relatively speaking if you are into that sort of thing.

·
Premium Member
7,973 Posts
1% of MSRP is usually the benchmark of a decent lease. I'd honestly be surprised if they hit that mark.

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Yeah but I don't care about those options - figure the Brandonean will be able to deal better on the 'pleb' spec anyways. All those TCLers tossing their jnms around will be going for the prestige trim, he'll know who the marks are.
:eek:

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
This is strange. Anyone notice the RS6 avant and Allroad have different wipers? The Allroad has the meatier wiper arms with holes in them and the avant has the typical vag slim wiper arms.

FWIW, the US A6 Allroad is not getting the adaptive wiper blades- just the standard ones

·
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
9,910 Posts

·
9,910 Posts
you rock- thanks; def goodwood- can you get full body paint with it?
I believe that is the only way that you can. However, the full body is a bit different now, as it is a matte finish on the fenders, unlike the A4 where it is all cleared.

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
I believe that is the only way that you can. However, the full body is a bit different now, as it is a matte finish on the fenders, unlike the A4 where it is all cleared.
weird- matte painted cladding that is different from the metallic on the car? Have any images of an example?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Damn you for showing us the full green colors for the A6 Allroad. I don't like touchscreens, but I do love a green audi wagon!!!

·
9,910 Posts
201 - 220 of 271 Posts