VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

41 - 60 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I look away from this thread for 20 minutes and I see that both of the retorts I was going to use have already been posted :laugh:. But anyway - yeah, the cubic feet argument is completely bogus when comparing against two vehicles that aren't in the same category. The taller roof car is going to win that every time, even if it doesn't have as much usable space. Without knowing the actual length and width figures of both rear hatch areas, I guarantee that the Allroad's is significantly bigger. In everyday use, it's going to be the winner - do you like to carry luggage up to the ceiling of your interior on an everyday basis? I don't either.
What, you don't drive with luggage up to the ceiling? That's why there's a roof! :p

·
How do I resize a picture?
18,092 Posts
FTFY ;)

Glad to see my thread went to bickering about the price. It is entirely reasonable, and they were right to skip the base premium trim given the demo who would get this thing. To that end, the A[6]llroad is gonna be for those who get it, not for those who flock to the cliche CUVs. Different human animals.
:laugh: :laugh:

It's a thread about price. What else is there to bicker about?

·
Registered
24,078 Posts
I look away from this thread for 20 minutes and I see that both of the retorts I was going to use have already been posted :laugh:. But anyway - yeah, the cubic feet argument is completely bogus when comparing against two vehicles that aren't in the same category. The taller roof car is going to win that every time, even if it doesn't have as much usable space. Without knowing the actual length and width figures of both rear hatch areas, I guarantee that the Allroad's is significantly bigger. In everyday use, it's going to be the winner - do you like to carry luggage up to the ceiling of your interior on an everyday basis? I don't either.
I try not to on trips either, not just every factor for me. If I have to fill past the window line I'm not happy. It is what I love about my current C5 allroad over my previous sportwagens.

Agreed that overall cubic feet doesn't tell the whole story, especially usable space.

·
Premium Member
7,972 Posts
This won't work, which sucks, as I'm in the camp of desperately wishing it could. $65k is an absurd starting price when it doesn't do anything objectively better than the SQ5, which can be in your garage for just under $50k.
IF the current Q5 is anything like the last one, the much bigger interior is worth the premium.

·
Registered
12,267 Posts
Again, my initial post is not something I'd stand by now (sober, lolol) - the $70k number caught me by surprise, but Audi $70k MSRP =/= $70k in your garage. Of all people, I should know that. :banghead:

Sir, please have the calm.
If you're going to run your mouth with made up quotations in caps lock, while not having the gall to actually quote the person you're whining about, "Sir, please grow a pair."

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Can't you get like 20% off on the F150 though? None of those trucks actually sell for MSRP, it's just a marketing tactic they use to make everyone think they're getting a great deal. You get 6% off the A6 Allroad without joining ACNA you'll have done well.
I would argue the 20% off the Ford gets you what it should sell for in the first place. It won't ever feel like its MSRP.

The Audi, when first released, selling for 6% off will feel every bit the price on the sticker.

^ This

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
The best $750 you'd ever save.

The $750 cheaper Jag XF SB only has 296HP, whereas the A[6]llroad has 335HP. The XF SB (S) has 380HP, but that is $71,800, so I'd say if Jag made an in between engine with similar HP to the base Audi, apples to apple the Jag is more.

Not to mention the Audi has more standard features like the full LED lighting, digital cockpit, and siriusxm- all options on the cheaper Jag.

·
Registered
'16 Golf R (wife's)
39,945 Posts
People really aren't surprised by the prices, are they?

A domestic pickup truck can be optioned past $60,000 in a few clicks, yet a luxury brand introduces a new wagon and at $60,000 it's too expensive?

Please.
Let me know when I can get an A6 allroad as heavily discounted/incentivized as the average domestic pickup truck.

·
Registered
'16 Golf R (wife's)
39,945 Posts
In everyday use, it's going to be the winner - do you like to carry luggage up to the ceiling of your interior on an everyday basis? I don't either.
These are the same people that think think hatchbacks are more practical then sedans "because one time a year I can fit something big in the back with the seats down"...

·
Premium Member
12,574 Posts
These are the same people that think think hatchbacks are more practical then sedans "because one time a year I can fit something big in the back with the seats down"...
This right here is why wagons are great. You get the actual area/footprint of a sedan cargo area, with the benefit of a hatch and more volume above. Best of both worlds. And a nice, long roof for good looks too.

·
18,092 Posts
Again, my initial post is not something I'd stand by now (sober, lolol) - the $70k number caught me by surprise, but Audi $70k MSRP =/= $70k in your garage. Of all people, I should know that. :banghead:

If you're going to run your mouth with made up quotations in caps lock, while not having the gall to actually quote the person you're whining about, "Sir, please grow a pair."
Strange, I see nothing you’re speaking of. I kind of just think you’re being a weenie.

·
18,092 Posts
Let me know when I can get an A6 allroad as heavily discounted/incentivized as the average domestic pickup truck.
You're not shopping at the right stores.

But besides that, 20% off a $70,000 truck would be over $14,000. While those deals do happen, it's not the norm.

Granted, the dealerships in my area are fairly low volume, but here's a King Ranch for $63,373. That's a cheaper vehicle than the limited, and has almost no discount.

Here's one at our local dealership.

https://www.ultimatefordinc.com/new...0a0e0adf226ca5b0117689fb.htm?searchDepth=1:13

And here's one at a huge volume lot -

https://www.brandonford.com/vehicle-details/new-2020-ford-f-150-king-ranch-tampa-fl-id-33547517

People always talk about this 20% off stuff, it happens, but not every day.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
41 - 60 of 271 Posts