VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

61 - 80 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Blame 200 month mortgage style auto loans that make these “affordable”

·
Registered
801 Posts
I financed my used S4 like a lease, I have a lump sum at payment 48 to keep the other 47 payments low. At the same time, I have been saving that lump well ahead of when it's due.

What's nice is that the 300/mo that I would have spent won't be a strain in times when it could be tough. i.e. when the A3 needed $7k in work, out of the blue lol.

Anyway, I hope timing works out when these start coming off lease, because I'll be first in line.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
What is the legroom comparison to an A6 Avant vs a Q5? The cargo capacity is tough to quibble over because the two cars have roughly the same cu. ft, but the shape of that space is different for each vehicle. The Q5 has a shorter front to rear but taller cargo area, whereas the Avant has longer front to rear, but shorter height profile with a more aggressive slope angle of the hatch glass. It's the passenger area that the A6 Avant/Allroad is going to be obvious to the dozens of potential customers who cross shop the two.

·
How do I resize a picture?
18,092 Posts
Those trucks mostly all have the 2.7T and none of them are Limited's or King Ranch.

So no, I don't see 20% off their highest trimmed vehicles, which is specifically what I was talking about.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Those trucks mostly all have the 2.7T and none of them are Limited's or King Ranch.

So no, I don't see 20% off their highest trimmed vehicles, which is specifically what I was talking about.
2020 F-150 King Ranch MSRP: $70,815 Dealer Price: $57,982: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/794658738/overview/

2019 F-150 Limited MSRP: $73,150 Dealer Price: $60,983: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/783979673/overview/

And that's before you actually show any interest in them.

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
9,910 Posts
Nearly the same price as a Q8 eh, they're really trying to discourage the sale of wagons aren't they...
No. The person that wants the allroad has nearly zero interest in a Q8. They are not bringing the allroad over in droves like they are with the SUVs. There is definitely a market for this car, and it will sell well for its production numbers.

Also, pricing lines up exactly where it should. Has anyone looked at a comparably equipped A4 to A4 allroad? It follows just about the same amount of increase between the two.

·
Millennial
German crap
23,737 Posts
No. The person that wants the allroad has nearly zero interest in a Q8. They are not bringing the allroad over in droves like they are with the SUVs. There is definitely a market for this car, and it will sell well for its production numbers.

Also, pricing lines up exactly where it should. Has anyone looked at a comparably equipped A4 to A4 allroad? It follows just about the same amount of increase between the two.
Plus, I already mentioned earlier that the starting price of the new one (with many, many more features) is nearly the same as what one cost back in 2005 when factoring inflation.

But this is TCL, and people on the internet are generally idiots.

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #70

Do you have an order guide yet? And is the 20th prestige level?

·
18,092 Posts
Plus, I already mentioned earlier that the starting price of the new one (with many, many more features) is nearly the same as what one cost back in 2005 when factoring inflation.

But this is TCL, and people on the internet are generally idiots.
Bingo.

My 325i was $34,600 in late 2003. That's the same as $48,000 today, but the new 3 series starts at $40,000.

Vehicles are getting cheaper. People are just getting dumber.

·
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
9,910 Posts

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Bingo.

My 325i was $34,600 in late 2003. That's the same as $48,000 today, but the new 3 series starts at $40,000.

Vehicles are getting cheaper. People are just getting dumber.
The 2003 3 series started at $27,800 which is $38,860 today (cheaper than $40k).

You can't compare your car with options to a base future model and call it apples to apples.

So nope, they're not getting cheaper.

·
Registered
'94 Corrado/ '07 997tt/ '18 GC SRT
27,500 Posts
Why is no one talking about the mercedes e400 wagon? This seems like the closest competition and the e400 costs a little more than the A6 allroad. Who cares about the Q8 in relation to any wagon? I wonder what a similarly equipped V90 XC would cost as well---the base price is certainly a lot more palatable.

·
18,092 Posts
The 2003 3 series started at $27,800 which is $38,860 today (cheaper than $40k).

You can't compare your car with options to a base future model and call it apples to apples.

So nope, they're not getting cheaper.
Fair enough.

Worth mentioning there is far more value in that $40,000 of today's car versus the base car from 15 years ago.

·
Millennial
German crap
23,737 Posts
Did you just seriously passively but aggressively insinuate that I'm an idiot? I just need to be clear so there's no misunderstandings.
I wasn't specifically referring to anyone. But yeah, a lot of people are complaining about the price when it's completely unfounded if you look back at previous pricing and know how to enter data on a CPI calculator.

Take it however you want.

·
9,910 Posts
61 - 80 of 271 Posts