VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

In a surprise move, Audi snuck out the first official photograph of the all-new Audi Q7 SUV in the form of wallpapers for its customers on a promotional website. As you can see, this production Q7 bears more than a passing resemblance to the Pikes Peak quattro concept car that was unveiled at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit back in 2003.
Full Story

·
Registered
16,360 Posts
Re: (NoDubJustYet)

That looks very nice. I especially like the front end. Is this debuting at Geneva 05?

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Re: (Calvin&Hobbes)

Quote, originally posted by Calvin&Hobbes »
A big luxury SUV....wow, that's an untapped market.

Although it looks like you are being sarcastic it is important for Audi to put one out to compete with BMW, Acura, Infiniti, Merc, and Lexus. They all have SUVs and are coming out with more models and some are already on 2nd revisions. I think Audi is late and it will cost them but it looks nice and should sell well.

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
Re: Audi: Audi Q7 SUV Photo Breaks Cover on Company Microsite ([email protected])

make it about the size of an a6 avant (or just slightly larger), and offer a manual, and it might be interesting

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Re: (Calvin&Hobbes)

Quote, originally posted by Calvin&Hobbes »
A big luxury SUV....wow, that's an untapped market.

That is what people said about the XC90 when it first came out as well, but it is now the best selling European luxury SUV. It will be interesting to see how well the Q7 sells.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Re:

I once had extra respect for Audi, because of their preference for building beautiful wagons rather than far less practical SUVs. I'm dissapointed to see those days are over.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Re: Re: (uv23)

Quote, originally posted by uv23 »
I once had extra respect for Audi, because of their preference for building beautiful wagons rather than far less practical SUVs. I'm dissapointed to see those days are over.

Agreed. I loved Audi's focus on their A4 and A6 (and of course, S4) avants. Let's hope that focus remains after this SUV starts selling like crazy.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Re: Re: (mikeG60)

i can't wait for the samller Audi SUV that's gonna come out. it could possibly be the Steppenwolf

·
Registered
10,076 Posts
Re: (DrewSXR)

The fact is the only segment of the SUV segment (not cross-over) that is growing is that of luxury SUV's.

·
Registered
16,360 Posts
Re: (Love 4 Veedub)

I don't see what the big deal is with everyone. We all knew it was only a matter of time.
The thing that I really like, is that it appears that Audi will produce a second generation Allroad in addition to the Q7 and Q5. And that is a good thing, because as a family that owns an Allroad, we can truly say we love it. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
19,612 Posts
Re: (nemesis099)

Quote, originally posted by nemesis099 »

Although it looks like you are being sarcastic it is important for Audi to put one out to compete with BMW, Acura, Infiniti, Merc, and Lexus. They all have SUVs and are coming out with more models and some are already on 2nd revisions. I think Audi is late and it will cost them but it looks nice and should sell well.

Well they said the same thing about VWs Touareg, it was supposedly late to the party...but it's sold just fine...
I wonder which version is going to provide more sport, the Pikes Peak or the Cayenne?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts