VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally have the car together enough for some nice photos. Some of the old timers around this forum might remember me, I used to have a Black B5.5 Passat on Bagyards/EasyStreet Autopilot setup just about 5 years ago now.

The new car is a 2006 Audi A6 4.2 S-Line, Black on Black, I bought it last June in Chicago, drove it down to GA where it sat for a while as I was figuring everything else out. Suspension was installed back in December, and then a few months were spent on the stereo (still needs some work, so no pictures of that yet).

Before I get into it, HUGE thanks goes out to [email protected] for putting up with all my questions getting me set up with everything I need. I love this setup. Just got back from 1000 mile round trip road trip and the car felt great. I was cruising tucking tire and it drove smooth, just stiff enough to not rub over bumps, but still able to drive low. I would definitely recommend these struts

Now for the info...current mods are:

Suspension
- Airlift Slam Series Struts (Front and Rear)

Management
- Accuair E-Level w/ Rocker Switch
- (2) Viar 444c Compressors
- (2) 3 Gallon Tanks

Wheels/Tires
- 20 x 9.5 et35 Carlsson 2/6
- 235/30/20 Hankook V12

Engine
- Custom Exhaust w/ 4'' Double Walled Angle Cut tips

Exterior
- OEM S6 Black Optik Trim Front Grill
- OEM Filler Plate custom painted by OEMPLUS Brilliant Black
- Debaged A6 and 4.2 Logos (Audi rings coming off the back next)

Interior
- Black Suede Wrapped Headliner and Pillars
- OEM S6 Black Overhead Lighting Consoles (Front and Rear)

Stereo
Arc Audio PS8 Processor
Arc Audio KS1000.1 (2 - one for each sub)
Arc Audio KS300.4 (2 - one bridged on midbass, other for midrange and tweet)
Arc Audio ARC15 (2 - Subwoofers)
Hybrid Audio L1R2 (tweeters)
Hybrid Audio L3SE (midrange)
Hybrid Audio L6v2 (midbass)

I think that is it for now...all the management is hidden in the spare tire well, will get pictures of the trunk stereo and management once it get's cleaned up a little.

I was down in Daytona this weekend for a show (Spring Break Nationals) and went out on the beach and had a buddy snap some photos, so here they are:

-Jordan

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice man, looking forward to seeing this in person!

You going to be at SoWo?
Yes, currently planning on being there, hopefully with a completed stereo and a few new interior goodies in the works as well :thumbup:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome!

It'll be nice to finally put a face to the name :thumbup::beer:
Definitely!

Welcome to the 4.2 C6 club! :beer: :beer:
Thanks Mike, your car and Seans were pretty much my two main deciding factors to go with the C6, I love this body style on air!

:eek: stereo pics
No pics yet, it's a pretty clean and simple install with a little bit of flare. The mids and tweets are in custom pods off the a-pillar, midbass in the OEM location in the doors (but we spent some time making the vented OEM Bose enclosre a nice sealed and deadened enclosure for better midbass response). Subs fire towards the back of the seats (which with 2 15s looks pretty menacing with the seats folded down). I think I have a few in progress pictures on my phone, I will try and get uploaded. Will probably have better shots in a few weeks once the install is done. :thumbup:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome Jordan!

I just got back to the office after my honeymoon, seeing these photos made me smile for sure.

As always, I appreciate the kind words :heart:

See you in Georgia :p
Congrats and welcome back to the grind :thumbup:

Definitely looking forward to SoWo, I shot you an email about it last night actually, no rush though, whenever you get a chance, as I am sure you have some catching up to do on from being away.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
looks awesome man! need to get my wheels back on and clean the car up now lol
Thanks man! Your car was definitely a major inspiration for my urge to get a C6. Is yours still wrapped or changing the look up again for this year (I am guessing you didn't ever sell it)?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.