VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Geriatric Member
14,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Rumors about which Audi models will be next to get the diesel treatment here in the United States can be put to rest this morning. Audi of America boss Johan de Nysschen has confirmed our next three oil-burners in an annual press conference this morning. Within the next two years, the company will be offering TDI variants of the A6, the A8, and the Q5.

Full Story

·
Banned
8,271 Posts
FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I have been waiting years for a Q5 TDI

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
What about the A4 Avant with the 3.0 TDI? :(

·
Registered
24,098 Posts
What about the A4 Avant with the 3.0 TDI? :(
Funny you should ask :p

Fourtitude Fourtitude
@
@salynch @Audi de Nysschen is confident A4 will make use of these technologies (TDI or hybrid, doesn't confirm) in next generation. @Audi
2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»
Fourtitude
Fourtitude Fourtitude
@
@salynch @Audi Johan says A4 is later in the production cycle so that's why no current confirmation of TDI or hybrid for A4.
2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»
Fourtitude
Fourtitude Fourtitude
@
@salynch @Audi Just submitted a question about A4 TDI. We'll see if it is addressed. #audipressconference

·
Registered
23,124 Posts
q5 tdi. yes.

·
Registered
24,098 Posts

·
Registered
24,098 Posts

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
This is great news, I hope they have success way beyond any ones expectations paving the way for other makers to start bringing in their diesel offerings.

It's sort of ironic that the US market has been so adverse to diesel powered vehicles. IMO no other market is more primed for diesel. We here love large, heavy vehicles (especially SUVs), the exact type of vehicle that would greatly benefit from the fuel mileage and torque of diesel engines.

Edit; they are not discounting the A4 diesel, just that we might get it later on when the vehicle is redesigned.

·
Banned
26,433 Posts
The ML320 Bluetec would like a word with you. :laugh:
The ML320 seems a good bit bigger, IMO.

This really makes me wonder why Lexus hasn't built something to fit in under the RX which is now a pretty damn big vehicle at this point. A sub-RX with a hybrid would be a great competitor to the Q5 TDI.

I also wonder if the X3 could be pushed toward a hybrid or diesel powertrain in 'Murrca. Diesel SUVs seem like pretty easy sells. A good chunk of Q7s and X5s I see nowadays are diesels (probably 35% or so judging by number ass-based calculator).

·
Registered
24,098 Posts
The ML320 seems a good bit bigger, IMO.
I guess it's a bit bigger... but then what else is in the same segment as the Q5? Just the Lexus RX? And... uhm... the Q3?

·
Banned
8,271 Posts
Just when I got sick of waiting/hoping for a Q5 TDI and am ready to pull the trigger on a Treg TDI or X5d, Audi finally says they're brining it. Guess I know what car is in my future

Good job Audi :thumbup:

What's not to like about a Q5 3.0 TDI Quattro? 35+ mpg would be great

·
Registered
18,459 Posts
I've got quite a few miles in the Q5 TDI and it's really an awesome combination.

0-60 in high 5's/low 6's and an honest to goodness 35 mpg at ~75 mph.

It will be a truly exceptional performer in that segment, unless someone else comes up with something unexpected.
Imperial + onboard computer?:sly:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts