VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello my friends ,i have a mk2 tt 3.2 2007 model.dsg, mag ride. my sunspension died a long time ago(now i hav 220.000km) and i dont have the buget to get a NEW set.didn want to go coilover with the delete kit.. i bought some Cheap monroe oem style shocks and i have a nice soft ride for an every day Car. so i was searchinfg the globe to see if i can delete the fault codes and de-code complitly the mr like it was never installed..no such thread,so i gathered as many clues i could and start with my vcds with simple order. STEP1: remove the fuse 9 from the fuse BOX drivers side. STEP 2: open vcds -CAN GATEWAY-INSTALATION LIST- un-click mag ride. STEP3:VCDS-INSTRUMENTS CLUSTER-CODING-change the value according to the bubble and equipment.Character 4(Value 64 = Magnetic Ride chassis).remove 64 from the coding!.. STEP 4:vcds headlight range control --change coding to 0000010 = Headlight range control automatic/dynamic + four-wheel drive + steel springs (PR number 8Q3 + 1X1 + 1BA/1BV)(0000009 for front Wheel Car).. STEP 5:vcds-ABS module.this is the one...no buble for help in coding.i had coding 0026177.(quattro+mag ride+dsg+v6 engine+340mm brakes).. test many possible codes.but THIS work for me:0017985.. no faults codes,no rewiring,no modules unpluging,no esp problems(not disangaging)..like never had mag ride. GOOD LUCK!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Seriously awesome if it works on the TTRS too. Thanks for posting this, I've been struggling with the KW delete modules failing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it will work!we have the same abs unit(teves mk60) and same mag ride module! but you will need a complitly defferent codinf on abs becouse the original of the ttrs is qiute different

·
Registered
109 Posts
I wonder if this coding will work with my TTS having a 2.0T FSI... although I already have the KW kit installed and working. No failures yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder if this coding will work with my TTS having a 2.0T FSI... although I already have the KW kit installed and working. No failures yet.
it will not..you need a complitly differend code.the oem coding in some tts i have seen so far are with one digit more than mine.so i f you use this you are going to lose many option(if it even accept it) i am working on finding the correct coding on a friends tts 2010 model,so i will keep you all informed!

·
Registered
242 Posts
This interests me as well. If my front struts go bad again I'll be going with an aftermarket coilover system. ---subscribed

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I'm Getting ready to do this. The only difference is I have a manual trans instead of DSG....I'm betting that code line will be different.
Awesome info dude! Neat, to the point, and easy to read. Thanks for posting that.
Ill post up any info on the coding if the manual transmission code requires a different code.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Done this on both my TT-RS and 08 3.2 cars.... The only "downside" is you lose your afs(headlight movement), which I was happy to lose.

·
Registered
10 Posts
KW Cancellation Kits for Audi AMR Systems

I think you'd be better off with a kit designed to cancel the system rather than fooling around with various options and coding.

Here's a link to the KW website and cancellation kit -

https://www.kwsuspensions.com/products/kw-suspensions-kw-edc-delete-unit-audi-a3-tt-68510124.html

Here's the installation PDF -

https://www.kwsuspensions.com/extras/docs/BBXQ/68510124-eah68510124.pdf

KW Cancellation Kits

Cancellation kits eliminate persistent trouble codes that exist when upgrading a suspension on a vehicle with electronically regulated dampers.
KW is the only manufacturer that offers the solutions whereby the serial damper regulation is shut down and at the same time trouble code avoided. The functioning of the of the control unit remains completely intact.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Kw kit is expensive and fails often. Numerous failures reported across this forum and had one fail in the 500 miles I used it.

But why bother having vcds if you aren't going to fool around with various coding and options? That is why 95% of people buy it.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
hello my friends ,i have a mk2 tt 3.2 2007 model.dsg, mag ride. my sunspension died a long time ago(now i hav 220.000km) and i dont have the buget to get a NEW set.didn want to go coilover with the delete kit.. i bought some Cheap monroe oem style shocks and i have a nice soft ride for an every day Car. so i was searchinfg the globe to see if i can delete the fault codes and de-code complitly the mr like it was never installed..no such thread,so i gathered as many clues i could and start with my vcds with simple order. STEP1: remove the fuse 9 from the fuse BOX drivers side. STEP 2: open vcds -CAN GATEWAY-INSTALATION LIST- un-click mag ride. STEP3:VCDS-INSTRUMENTS CLUSTER-CODING-change the value according to the bubble and equipment.Character 4(Value 64 = Magnetic Ride chassis).remove 64 from the coding!.. STEP 4:vcds headlight range control --change coding to 0000010 = Headlight range control automatic/dynamic + four-wheel drive + steel springs (PR number 8Q3 + 1X1 + 1BA/1BV)(0000009 for front Wheel Car).. STEP 5:vcds-ABS module.this is the one...no buble for help in coding.i had coding 0026177.(quattro+mag ride+dsg+v6 engine+340mm brakes).. test many possible codes.but THIS work for me:0017985.. no faults codes,no rewiring,no modules unpluging,no esp problems(not disangaging)..like never had mag ride. GOOD LUCK!!
wow someone finally figured it out.

will this work on an s3 2015+

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think you'd be better off with a kit designed to cancel the system rather than fooling around with various options and coding.

Here's a link to the KW website and cancellation kit -

https://www.kwsuspensions.com/products/kw-suspensions-kw-edc-delete-unit-audi-a3-tt-68510124.html

Here's the installation PDF -

https://www.kwsuspensions.com/extras/docs/BBXQ/68510124-eah68510124.pdf

KW Cancellation Kits

Cancellation kits eliminate persistent trouble codes that exist when upgrading a suspension on a vehicle with electronically regulated dampers.
KW is the only manufacturer that offers the solutions whereby the serial damper regulation is shut down and at the same time trouble code avoided. The functioning of the of the control unit remains completely intact.
i could not disagree with you more..there is no fouling around with codes.the recoding is a factory solution to this problem.there is no danger and no sortcut..adding cancelers to foul your electrics that you have magride is cheating..not a solution. have a nice day.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Thanks to OP for the instructions. With his help I was able to deduce the bit needed to disable Magride. All you have to do is subtract 8192 from your stock coding!

For example my 2009 TTS/DSG was 0618294 and I used 0610102 and it worked! No more magride and ABS errors!!! Suck it KW I just saved $400!!

More examples:
OP's 3.2 TT/DSG/AWD/MR coding 0026177 - 8192 = 0017985 (also works for VW R32)
TTRS/AWD/MR coding 0618391 - 8192 = 0610199 (same as non-MR RS3)

I was also able to find 2010 TT Quattro 2.0/DSG/non-MR coding is 0610067 but I didn't try it.

Feel free to send me and the OP free beer :laugh:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts