VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello my friends ,i have a mk2 tt 3.2 2007 model.dsg, mag ride. my sunspension died a long time ago(now i hav 220.000km) and i dont have the buget to get a NEW set.didn want to go coilover with the delete kit.. i bought some Cheap monroe oem style shocks and i have a nice soft ride for an every day Car. so i was searchinfg the globe to see if i can delete the fault codes and de-code complitly the mr like it was never installed..no such thread,so i gathered as many clues i could and start with my vcds with simple order. STEP1: remove the fuse 9 from the fuse BOX drivers side. STEP 2: open vcds -CAN GATEWAY-INSTALATION LIST- un-click mag ride. STEP3:VCDS-INSTRUMENTS CLUSTER-CODING-change the value according to the bubble and equipment.Character 4(Value 64 = Magnetic Ride chassis).remove 64 from the coding!.. STEP 4:vcds headlight range control --change coding to 0000010 = Headlight range control automatic/dynamic + four-wheel drive + steel springs (PR number 8Q3 + 1X1 + 1BA/1BV)(0000009 for front Wheel Car).. STEP 5:vcds-ABS module.this is the one...no buble for help in coding.i had coding 0026177.(quattro+mag ride+dsg+v6 engine+340mm brakes).. test many possible codes.but THIS work for me:0017985.. no faults codes,no rewiring,no modules unpluging,no esp problems(not disangaging)..like never had mag ride. GOOD LUCK!!
did anyone else confirm this is working ?

thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m in the process of deleting AMR from my 2008 TT roadster.
After replacing the front struts with non AMR, and road testing, I got the expected AMR dash light. I also got an ESP light which I didn’t expect. Is that normal?
I temporarily reconnected the connectors the old AMR struts, cleared the codes and restarted the car (on jack stands), but the AMR and ESP lights came back after the initial check cycle in park (not driven).
Is this normal, or have I messed something up? I did remove the level sensor, and turned ignition on to turn the steering during the strut replacement.
I did expect the AMR (suspension warning), but not the ESP error/disabled.
I’m also getting a 01314 ECM dtc.

·
Premium Member
500e, Exige
22,369 Posts
Can anyone confirm that subtracting 8192 really is all I need to do??? I have a manual 3.2q and I’d love to choose a non MR lower suspension if I know that I can reliably code out any error from the magnetic ride.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Just replaced my rear magnetic shocks with bilstein b4. They’re very soft. Great for a daily. Will be replacing the fronts soon. Followed the instructions step by step, but I have the adaptive headlights. So instead of coding 10. I had to code 24
i got 2 headlight codes on mfd so I messed with coding for cluster and subtracted an extra -32 from coding and got rid of 1 error from mfd but still have this one
trying to code this out any ideas. I know this forum is a lil slow but feel free to comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not sure this works with adaptive lights.

Thought I would update this thread with my experience. Tried for several hours to decode mag ride.

I followed all the steps and I could never adjust the headlights after pulling fuse 9 so I would get the same failure message. When looking at the measuring blocks for the headlight range module, the front and rear sensors show unavailable. Someone also mentioned on another forum that for some reason, the headlight controller doesn't look to the front and rear level sensors even with changing the coding to steel springs. It still must be looking for the mag ride sensors.

Doesn't make sense but everything points to this.

So I reset everything and have the shock dash light. ESP no longer is on as well but the headlights work fine. Unless someone can add something or I missed something, looks like the KW kit is the only solution (at least for me).

·
Registered
385 Posts
I've gone through a couple KW modules and KW support are bastards about it. They won't warranty the modules unless you bought them with a KW coilover kit that includes them. I've bought a couple replacements through KW support, just replacing the one that failed, but that worked out more expensive than just buying another kit in the long run.

If I had noticed earlier, I would have switched to the isweep kit. No first hand experience, but I like their other products and their customer service is better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help Please!

Hi all--

I have an Audi TT Mk2 Quattro 2008 3.6. Just like you, I replaced all the shocks with non-meg rides and am getting the 'shock light' and the 'Headlight range control defective'. What's interesting, the Headlight range was working just fine and had no issues. took it in to have a mechanic try to shut of the shock light, but after he reset the codes (his verbatim) now the new error for range control is on. I provided him the directions below but he said the options arent even available in his system. I dont know if he was using the same cable or not.

If anyone has any suggestions, or have actually tried the method below and its worked for them, please do let me know :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just installed a Bilstein B12 kit on my TTS. Below is a bit from the install on my AZ post about what I was able to find out. Something to pass along the level data through the powertrain canbus would be ideal, but I’m gong to try to send fake data to the headlight controller for now.

“As for the mag ride delete, I removed 64 from the instrument coding to get rid of the dash error for now. There are no errors showing, but I can't use sport mode for the steering weight or turn off traction control. There are a few posts about removing the mag ride controller from the CAN gateway, but when you do that, you get a headlight error. All 4 level sensors on the control arms input into the mag ride controller. The headlight leveling system uses the left side level sensors, so when you remove that controller, you get the headlight error that can't be removed.

KW and iSweep kits trick the controller into thinking the shocks are still there. Some data logging before the install showed 1-4A going through the mag shocks under spirited driving. These modules see some decent current, with users saying they get hot. The questionable reliability of these expensive delete kits is why I stayed away. I'm assuming they get real hot and then fail internally.

To me, it seems like spoofing the level sensors is the real solution. Then you can remove the mag ride controller from the CAN gateway and recode ABS. Sport mode and turning off traction control should work. I'm going to play around with an Arduino CAN hat. If I can find the addresses of the mag ride and headlight controllers, then I can code something that looks for the level request from the mag ride controller and sends back nominal data to the headlight controller. This could be connected anywhere there are powertrain CAN hi/lo wires. CAN is a standard communication protocol, so the only thing that might be proprietary is how the level data is formatted in the data portion of the CAN frame.”

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just installed a Bilstein B12 kit on my TTS. Below is a bit from the install on my AZ post about what I was able to find out. Something to pass along the level data through the powertrain canbus would be ideal, but I’m gong to try to send fake data to the headlight controller for now.

“As for the mag ride delete, I removed 64 from the instrument coding to get rid of the dash error for now. There are no errors showing, but I can't use sport mode for the steering weight or turn off traction control. There are a few posts about removing the mag ride controller from the CAN gateway, but when you do that, you get a headlight error. All 4 level sensors on the control arms input into the mag ride controller. The headlight leveling system uses the left side level sensors, so when you remove that controller, you get the headlight error that can't be removed.

KW and iSweep kits trick the controller into thinking the shocks are still there. Some data logging before the install showed 1-4A going through the mag shocks under spirited driving. These modules see some decent current, with users saying they get hot. The questionable reliability of these expensive delete kits is why I stayed away. I'm assuming they get real hot and then fail internally.

To me, it seems like spoofing the level sensors is the real solution. Then you can remove the mag ride controller from the CAN gateway and recode ABS. Sport mode and turning off traction control should work. I'm going to play around with an Arduino CAN hat. If I can find the addresses of the mag ride and headlight controllers, then I can code something that looks for the level request from the mag ride controller and sends back nominal data to the headlight controller. This could be connected anywhere there are powertrain CAN hi/lo wires. CAN is a standard communication protocol, so the only thing that might be proprietary is how the level data is formatted in the data portion of the CAN frame.”
Sounds like an interesting project. Lets us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! Can anyone help me with the steps to follow and the codes that would work to cancel the magnetic ride suspension? I own an Audi A3 sportback 2.0 TDI 170 hp quattro 2011, 6-speed manual transmission, xenon (without adaptive light). Thank you!

·
Registered
16 Posts
From where do you subtract 8192 ?
Thanks to OP for the instructions. With his help I was able to deduce the bit needed to disable Magride. All you have to do is subtract 8192 from your stock coding!

For example my 2009 TTS/DSG was 0618294 and I used 0610102 and it worked! No more magride and ABS errors!!! Suck it KW I just saved $400!!

More examples:
OP's 3.2 TT/DSG/AWD/MR coding 0026177 - 8192 = 0017985 (also works for VW R32)
TTRS/AWD/MR coding 0618391 - 8192 = 0610199 (same as non-MR RS3)

I was also able to find 2010 TT Quattro 2.0/DSG/non-MR coding is 0610067 but I didn't try it.

Feel free to send me and the OP free beer :laugh:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Nope the diy site is long gone. I don't even have a TT-RS anymore, sorry.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
634 Posts
I'm Kind of Lost in Step 2, can't find the 64 value.... Any picture of the process? In software coding I see 0113128. And that is all.

hello my friends ,i have a mk2 tt 3.2 2007 model.dsg, mag ride. my sunspension died a long time ago(now i hav 220.000km) and i dont have the buget to get a NEW set.didn want to go coilover with the delete kit.. i bought some Cheap monroe oem style shocks and i have a nice soft ride for an every day Car. so i was searchinfg the globe to see if i can delete the fault codes and de-code complitly the mr like it was never installed..no such thread,so i gathered as many clues i could and start with my vcds with simple order. STEP1: remove the fuse 9 from the fuse BOX drivers side. STEP 2: open vcds -CAN GATEWAY-INSTALATION LIST- un-click mag ride. STEP3:VCDS-INSTRUMENTS CLUSTER-CODING-change the value according to the bubble and equipment.Character 4(Value 64 = Magnetic Ride chassis).remove 64 from the coding!.. STEP 4:vcds headlight range control --change coding to 0000010 = Headlight range control automatic/dynamic + four-wheel drive + steel springs (PR number 8Q3 + 1X1 + 1BA/1BV)(0000009 for front Wheel Car).. STEP 5:vcds-ABS module.this is the one...no buble for help in coding.i had coding 0026177.(quattro+mag ride+dsg+v6 engine+340mm brakes).. test many possible codes.but THIS work for me:0017985.. no faults codes,no rewiring,no modules unpluging,no esp problems(not disangaging)..like never had mag ride. GOOD LUCK!!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts