VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need info please - Does anyone know for sure if a Euro Audi Nav Plus System from an 02 A6 fit/work in a US 02 A6, or will it need adapters?
Also is the Euro system in English?
Thanks for the Help....

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Re: Audi Nav Plus (recon70)

It will fit, but it won't do you much good unless you enjoy navigating around Europe LOL.
Yes it would have an English Option if that is not the default
The Problem you will run into is The AM/FM as Europe uses Even Frequency FM Stations 92.2/86.8 etc where as North America uses Odd Frequencies (95.9/102.3)
If you are willing to loose your North American Maps and AM/FM Radio you will have a nice CD Player

Modified by OntITTech at 1:38 PM 10-16-2008

·
Registered
709 Posts
Re: Audi Nav Plus (OntITTech)

Quote, originally posted by OntITTech »
It will fit, but it won't do you much good unless you enjoy navigating around Europe LOL.
Yes it would have an English Option if that is not the default
The Problem you will run into is The AM/FM as Europe uses Even Frequency FM Stations 92.2/86.8 etc where as North America uses Odd Frequencies (95.9/102.3)
If you are willing to loose your North American Maps and AM/FM Radio you will have a nice CD Player

Modified by OntITTech at 1:38 PM 10-16-2008

Aside from the fact that you can VAG it to think it's a NA unit...which would make everything work as normal.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Re: Audi Nav Plus (bcramer v2.0)

The Maps would not be correct as (and correct me if I am wrong) but the Maps are stored internally in the NAV, and are Europe only.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Re: Audi Nav Plus (OntITTech)

Quote, originally posted by OntITTech »
The Maps would not be correct as (and correct me if I am wrong) but the Maps are stored internally in the NAV, and are Europe only.

The nav plus is CD based.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Re: Audi Nav Plus (bcramer v2.0)

Quote, originally posted by bcramer v2.0 »

The nav plus is CD based.

well then I guess you learn something new every day. LOL
I am glad that Audi didn't follow the likes of Lexus where the Nav was burned on an EEPROM so it couldn't be updated without a lot of time and pain.
So I guess the Ultimate Answer to the Question is.... As long as you have a VAG to change the Radio Coding to North American Specs, there shouldn't be any problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.