VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
16,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Audi is unveiling a vehicle that marks a superlative new development in the Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) segment. The Audi Q7 ingeniously combines sportiness and versatility, sophisticated technology and the luxury of a premium-class vehicle. On the road it excels with the performance and driving dynamics of a sports car; off-road it redefines the benchmark in its category. A vehicle that outwardly makes no secret of its qualities and whose technology delivers on its promise – on any road and in all conditions. The Audi Q7 – the performance SUV from the creator of quattro.
Full Story

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Re: Audi Q7 - The Performance SUV ([email protected])

I don't think its too ugly, but the tail is a bit cumbersome.
Also, what's the weight on that beast? And really, I can't believe Audi thinks its wise to enter the SUV market at this late time. If that chassis is not shared by several other vehicles, its going to be a money-losing affair.

·
Registered
16,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Audi Q7 - The Performance SUV (liquid stereo)

Quote, originally posted by liquid stereo »
I don't think its too ugly, but the tail is a bit cumbersome.
Also, what's the weight on that beast? And really, I can't believe Audi thinks its wise to enter the SUV market at this late time. If that chassis is not shared by several other vehicles, its going to be a money-losing affair.

It shares platform with the Touareg and Cayenne.
A diesel is planned. I've been told that the Q7 would be the likely model to use to return to the American market with diesel engine installed, though the OEMs like Bosch need to get particulate filtration to the level where they'll meet upcoming BIN standards.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts

Looks good for Audi
I like it but would rather have a Touareg

Beautiful Interior & Front profile
Rear well not sure not very Audish in design

I like the Pikes Peak rear

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Re: Audi Q7 - The Performance SUV (phaeton)

Mods, the front page link (fourtitude: when clicking on the picture, not the bottom link) takes you to the 25 years commemorative page, and not the Q7 one...

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
Re: Audi Q7 - The Performance SUV (GTI666)

I know VW is trying to get the V6TDI to the U.S. for the TOUAREG... and I'm hoping like hell it happens.
The Q7 (if this name actually survives) has a great looking interior. The TOUAREG, in my opinion, is still the best looking of the three versions of this platform (TOUAREG, Cayenne & Q7).

·
Registered
16,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Audi Q7 - The Performance SUV (Dan-B)

Quote, originally posted by Dan-B »
Mods, the front page link (fourtitude: when clicking on the picture, not the bottom link) takes you to the 25 years commemorative page, and not the Q7 one...

Fixed. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts

I have no problems with the looks of this new Audi. It shares a lot of design elements with the new A6, and I've been noticing lately how remarkably good that car looks when you see it in traffic.
For the naysayers, the Q7 is Touareg based, so no it will not be an economic nightmare. Yes, it will be heavy - probably only slightly lighter than the Touareg, but weight is not considered undesirable in this class as long as the engines can handle it. And finally, Audi isn't really late to the game since the Q7 belongs to the newest type of SUV architecture - stylish and curvaceous in a carlike manner on large chassis componente to give it the desired SUV architecture. Think Infiniti FX45, but with much better styling and packaging.
It is interesting that the first Audi to bring on the long rumored 50/50 weight distribution and series use of the 40/60 T3 quattro system really isn't an Audi at all, but a re-engineered Touareg.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Re: Audi Q7 - The Performance SUV (D Clymer)

Quote, originally posted by D Clymer »
I have no problems with the looks of this new Audi. It shares a lot of design elements with the new A6, and I've been noticing lately how remarkably good that car looks when you see it in traffic.
For the naysayers, the Q7 is Touareg based, so no it will not be an economic nightmare. Yes, it will be heavy - probably only slightly lighter than the Touareg, but weight is not considered undesirable in this class as long as the engines can handle it. And finally, Audi isn't really late to the game since the Q7 belongs to the newest type of SUV architecture - stylish and curvaceous in a carlike manner on large chassis componente to give it the desired SUV architecture. Think Infiniti FX45, but with much better styling and packaging.
It is interesting that the first Audi to bring on the long rumored 50/50 weight distribution and series use of the 40/60 T3 quattro system really isn't an Audi at all, but a re-engineered Touareg.

The production S4 (manual) for 06 will have Torsen C.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Re: Audi Q7 - The Performance SUV (GTX141)

I like it! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
355 Posts

I guess if there are going to be SUVs on the road then Audi needs to join the parity. The Q7 isn't bad looking. I dunno about those wheels though. They look like Audi raided the Jetta V warehouse. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
34,664 Posts
Re: Audi Q7 - The Performance SUV (TREGinginCO)

Yes. It will survive. Look at how many new M-Class, Cayenne even FX on the road when regular just reached CDN$1/L.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts

That's good and bad. The T'reg is ridiculously overweight and strangely enough has little usable space. The Q7 looks to have much more real space inside. Plus it looks a lot better than the T'reg.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »

It shares platform with the Touareg and Cayenne.
A diesel is planned. I've been told that the Q7 would be the likely model to use to return to the American market with diesel engine installed, though the OEMs like Bosch need to get particulate filtration to the level where they'll meet upcoming BIN standards.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Re: Audi Q7 - The Performance SUV (liquid stereo)

Wow that's HIDEOUS. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
And why have they put the New Jetta wheels on it?

Modified by ValenciaBrit at 1:50 PM 8-17-2005

·
Banned
142 Posts
Looks fantastic

Utterly gorgeous.
Its interesting to read some VW reader's knee-jerk negativity towards the design. Sounds like good old envy. Especially since the Q7 is easily more attractive than the now dull-looking Touareg.
But of course, most of us already know that the Q7 is now the world's most beautiful large SUV. Period.
It'll be interesting to see how many design awards this new Audi will pick up. I expect quite a few, just like the new A6. More interesting will be how well it sells in the US.

Modified by Anim8or at 6:40 PM 8/17/2005

1 - 20 of 46 Posts