VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's from a portuguese magazine, but it's an Autobild article, difficult to translate all...
Audi R8 (6 speed manual)
-Impressive stability, almost no body roll, even in the most demanding curves, incredible steering stability...
-Possible to change gear at 8500rpm
-Weight distribution [44:56]
-Glues to the asphalt, exits from curves is impressive too
-In a straight line with no traction difficulties, 70% of torque goes to the rear
-Dirk Isgen (Audi R8 project director) answers to a question if the Audi R8 has something to do with the Gallardo: "In reality, no, the concept is similar, but the rest is new - the suspension, the aluminum spaceframe structure, and naturally, the exterior and the interior". There's more space, more comfort, more luminosity,
the clutch is easy to use, gearbox lever moves smoother than the Lamborghini equivalent
-One of the options is night indirect lighting of the engine compartment

·
Registered
70 Posts
Re: Audi R8 First Impression (DBLFRVGNGN)

Quote, originally posted by DBLFRVGNGN »
What color is that R8?
imho ... Phantom Black is the short answer.
It's difficult to be 100% sure ... but having seen the R8 at the London Unveil ... which was in Phantom Black ... I can say that it's not (strange as this may sound) the blackest black I've ever seen ... i.e. Piano Black is such a deep black due to it not being metalic. By contrast Phantom Black very is very metalic ... so being as metalic as it is ... it seems to reflect surrounding or nearby colours back to the observer ... hence the blue and green tinges that are evident in the scans and make it a little difficult to decide what colour it actually is.
But ... I'll stand by my initial answer and suggest that this is a Phantom Black R8 ... and looks great ...

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Audi R8 First Impression (DBLFRVGNGN)

Quote, originally posted by DBLFRVGNGN »

Thanks for the scan!
What color is that R8?
RB

I think it's "Daytona" Grey (DaytonaGrau Perleffekt in the german Audi R8 configurator).

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Re: Audi R8 First Impression (sp_wh)

I like the R8, and the car that it was named after. I hope that Audi will use some R8 styling cues on later, more pedestian models( no Audi is pedestrian, but the R8 makes the rest seem that way).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Re: Audi R8 First Impression (sp_wh)

Quote, originally posted by sp_wh »
I think it's "Daytona" Grey (DaytonaGrau Perleffekt in the german Audi R8 configurator).
Looking at the paintwork around the front number plate and under the front grille ... you could be right there ... not sure why I didn't spot it ... maybe cause I was drawn to the varying colours of the remainder of the paintwork ... maybe the scan doesn't represent the colour across the whole page as well as a photo might have done.
Still it's nice to see the cars are starting to arrive in the hands of the motoring press ... even though mine hasn't made it into my hands just yet!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.