VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HUGE PROBLEM!!!

This thread will serve as a central repository for TSB/Recall information. Please post your questions/comments/links/updates here.
For the largest audi-specific TSB and recall resource currently known go to:
AudiForums.Com TSB and Recall list
We will have to mooch off Audiforums.com until somebody finds a direct link to something from AUDI/VWOA.
The NHTSA site, which also has this information, is at:
NHTSA Recalls Page
===

headlights, wiper blades, turn signals
none of them work and idk why???
does anyone know what might have happened and how to get this fixed

Modified by robbyb413 at 5:03 PM 12/7/2006

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Re: HUGE PROBLEM!!! (98audia4Q)

does your radio work? (and all the other accessory electronics)
sounds like there is a chance that te ignition switch might be broken check
the tech article here
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec.html
under "Ignition Switch Replacement"

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just did this - Ignition switch. There is a chance that it is the load reduction relay.
The relay is about $35 at the dealer. The ignition switch is about $75.
I tried the relay first but it did not solve my problem. Switch solved it though...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: (ct1.8t4me)

three days later the heat no longer works. I have gone to the link that was given (thank you) and im going to try and look at it shortly.
I went to the audi dealership on my way back from college today and got the same old story. 95 for them to hook it up to the computer and check out all the fuses. Im not ready to waste all that money, so thank you for helping me.
Ill take pictures and keep you posted.
THANK YOU FOR THE HELP!!!!

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Now Audi is recalling the ignition switch saying that it fails and may cause things like windshield wiers and head lights not working, so if this has been any ones issue lately mabey this could be the problem

Modified by robbyb413 at 10:56 AM 12/7/2006

·
17,317 Posts
Re: Another recalled part for us 96-97 owners (97audia4)

Is this a new recall, or the recall from 2000?

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
A new Recall i just got the letter in the mail on friday

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
Re: (97audia4)

is there a number on the recall ?
i just replaced mine in Sept. Originally, the dealership said they wouldn't cover it, but Audi N/A came to the rescue and reimbursed me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: (98audia4Q)

just ordered my combination switch for both sides of the car. Hopefully this fixes my problem. i could order the ignition switch as well...but im hoping that this will fix the problem because my headlights were the first thing to go for about a week.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm afraid you are going to be dissappointed. It would be really weird for both switches to go out - the headlights and the wipers - and neither one of those have anything to do with the heat.
You will find that the entire accessory circuit goes through the ignition switch...It's $78 from the dealer, but I found that NAPA has it for about $42.

·
17,317 Posts
Re: (98audia4Q)

Quote, originally posted by 98audia4Q »
I went to the audi dealership on my way back from college today and got the same old story. 95 for them to hook it up to the computer and check out all the fuses. Im not ready to waste all that money, so thank you for helping me.

Here's an idea: Scan it on a Vag Com, bring them the printed report, and tell them that you won't accept a $95 charge to get the same info.
They won't charge you.
I imagine the fact that this sounds a lot like the recall that's been posted recently will also negate any charge for the service, so you're all set.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Re: Another recalled part for us 96-97 owners (97audia4)

just replaced mine last week

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
I cant find the number but it appears new to me, mabey your dealership new about recall in advance

·
17,317 Posts

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
must be cause i just got he letter last week, i dont think it takes 5 years to send one letter

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: (robbyb413)

how do i find more about this recall and other recalls made on my year car? (98 Audi A4 2.8l)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts