VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They're finally (almost) admitting to the ignition coil problem. The recall will be voluntary and, although the details are still unofficial, will be for ALL 1.8T's to start. VW 1.8T's are likely to follow suit shortly. I'll have more details on the ignition coils tomorrow, and maybe even a pic or two.
Initial Details:
Part #: 06A905115D
Recall: P1 / J1 Emissions
Affected: 1.8T's (all)
UPDATE
The facsimile just came down from Audi Canada. Foregoing scanning the poor quality document, I will summarize.
Voluntary Emissions Service Action 28F2/J1
2001-2007 Audi Vehicles with Gasoline Engine Ignition Coils
Notification will begin on (or about) October 23rd with 45,000 affected US vehicles and another 5,000 affected Canadian vehicles.
Notice how they don't specify engine code? Looks like your 4.2L might get free coils as well as the tried and true nevar lose.
To reiterate, when I get some coils in my hand - hopefully tomorrow - I'll update with manufacturer, etc.

Modified by Jester14 at 5:35 PM 10-15-2009

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Audi "recalls" ignition coils (deucestudios)

Quote, originally posted by deucestudios »
Oh the huge manatee. Source?

Sadly, I'm a lowly parts guy at a dealership.
I'd screenshot the order for several hundred from Parts on Command but I'm sure that's not allowed. So... you'll just have to trust me!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Audi "recalls" ignition coils (SnowGTI2003)

Quote, originally posted by SnowGTI2003 »
They're only recalling the 'D' revision coils?
I believe that even revision 'J' coils have still been failing regularly. I know they have been in my 1.8T.

You'll notice that the new part number is 06A not 06B. The 06B905115J coils are quite old. The newest revision is 06B905115R. Those are being replaced by the part number referenced in the first post.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: FV-QR (chucchinchilla)

Quote, originally posted by chucchinchilla »
Keep us posted. I already had 2 coil packs go last winter, would be interested to know if I can get the others replaced for free.

The rumblings overheard from the suits suggests reimbursement may be a pastability. Obviosly, don't quote me on that until the details are officially released.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Re: Audi "recalls" ignition coils (Jester14)

Quote, originally posted by Jester14 »

I'd screenshot the order for several hundred from Parts on Command but I'm sure that's not allowed. So... you'll just have to trust me!

·
Registered
11,376 Posts
Re: Audi "recalls" ignition coils (Jester14)

Quote, originally posted by Jester14 »

Another parts guy here that confirm. I am receiving over 200 of these new coils here in the next couple of days.
And yeah, Don't post the screen shot of POC. Vw doesn't like that. LOL.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Re: Audi "recalls" ignition coils (Golfmk3_18)

Dealer I work at just got allocation for 386 coils for VW and 112 for Audi. We don't have the recall information as yet but we have been told it could reach 1 million coils. I fully expect it to become ALL coil on plug cars, as it was the last time. I will gladly post the recall circular as soon as it becomes available.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.