VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Re: Audi S2: learn me (Theclayman)

Think of it as a urS4 coupe. its a step up from a coupe but under the RS2 like most other Audi models. I think it has the same engine as the S4, AAN electronic controlled k24 powered I-5. brakes, headlights suspension, interior are upgraded from the standard coupe. The are freakin sweet and I plan to own a heavily modded coupe someday.
most of the RS2 shares no S2 bits on it. I bet you can learn more by looking around in the coupe forum and S4 forum.
correct me if the info is incorrect.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Re: Audi S2: learn me (Rabbit5GTI)

Uh-huh.

·
Registered
10,425 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Rabbit5GTI »
wasn't there also a very rare S2 sedan?

No, you're thinking of the one-off RS2 sedan.

·
Millennial
25,004 Posts
Re: Audi S2: learn me (TabulaVicious)

Quote, originally posted by TabulaVicious »

none of the cars in that picture are RS2's. First give away are the side mirrors.
to the others: http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Premium Member
54,772 Posts

so, my buddy Lee just put an AAN into his Audi 80:

and he was able to fit the radiator in the stock place... which makes me wonder... why'd they offset it in the first place?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Re: Audi S2: learn me (TORSEN TRACTION)

Quote, originally posted by TORSEN TRACTION »
Think of it as a urS4 coupe. its a step up from a coupe but under the RS2 like most other Audi models. I think it has the same engine as the S4, AAN electronic controlled k24 powered I-5. brakes, headlights suspension, interior are upgraded from the standard coupe. The are freakin sweet and I plan to own a heavily modded coupe someday.
most of the RS2 shares no S2 bits on it. I bet you can learn more by looking around in the coupe forum and S4 forum.
correct me if the info is incorrect.

wrong wrong wrong.
Don't think of it as a URS4 that is a completely different Chassis, it was based off the 90 and coupes, basically the b3 and b4 chassis. RS2 shares PLENTY of parts from the S2, considering the RS2 is an upgraded version of the S2 Avant, it has different hubs, brakes, different side skirts and different bumpers, but it is the exact same frame and almost the same engine, just re-tuned by Porsche.
And as it has been mentioned the engines changed in the S2, in 93 they released it in form of sedan and avant along with the coupe. in 93 they also changed to the Coil on plug system and ditched the distributor, and added an 01E 6 speed transmission.
The interior and lighting wasn't really different then the "standard" coupes, you could get an s2 with cloth interior or leather just like you could for the "standard" coupe. The brakes on the S2 coupe are the same as all US market "standard" coupes and also most european "standard" coupes. The headlights were the same as well, up until 94 when the ellipsoid headlight was introduced and offered on S2s RS2s and the Cabrio. They are commonly referred to as "RS2 Lights" but this is somewhat of a misnomer.
I stripped my US market CQ and created my own version of the ABY S2 using OEM Parts, many that shipped from Europe.
Hope that helps. if you have other specific questions feel free to ask... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by Hybrid_Hatch at 3:22 PM 11-16-2009

·
Registered
10,643 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Theclayman »
tell me about it, wiki didn't have much info.

Best thread ever.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Re: Audi S2: learn me (TabulaVicious)

Quote, originally posted by TabulaVicious »

There were a few hundred S2 Sedans built and sold. There were only 4 RS2 Sedans built by the factory. They didn't put it into production because it was to much competition for the 911 of the time (or so the story goes)

·
Registered
7,695 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Rabbit5GTI »
wasn't there also a very rare S2 sedan?

Nope. Porsche refused to allow Audi to make it.

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
Re: Audi S2: learn me (Cort)

Quote, originally posted by Cort »

wrong
there was an s2 sedan(still rare) there were NO rs2 sedans made for the public there were a handful made for audi execs

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Re: Audi S2: learn me (germantoyagain)

Quote, originally posted by germantoyagain »

wrong
there was an s2 sedan(still rare) there were NO rs2 sedans made for the public there were a handful made for audi execs

1. pics or it didn't happen.
2. If they didn't make it for the public, then they didn't "produce" it.
3. Showing me a pic of a s2 sedan with a motor swap doesn't count.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Re: Audi S2: learn me (Cort)

Quote, originally posted by Cort »

wrong. Porsche didn't want the RS2 sedan, Audi produced limited numbers of S2 sedans.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts