VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Geriatric Member
14,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The German language online newspaper Welt.de has published a preview of the Geneva Auto Show scheduled at the end of the month and has posted their best guess at what will be unveiled there. Under Audi Welt.de suggests the RS 3 will make its first auto show debut alongside a 450-hp S7 and the Q5 hybrid.

So What Do We Think?

More After Jump

·
Registered
23,422 Posts
That's what inside line also says:

edmunds said:

Is production Q5 hybrid going to be FWD like the A6 and A8 hybrid?
edmunds said:
All-wheel drive is standard on the Q5 Hybrid, and unlike on other supposed four-wheel-drive hybrids, this remains a real AWD system, complete with a driveshaft and rear differential, thus preserving the authenticity of the Quattro badge. Given the design of the transmission, both the gasoline and electric power sources can be applied to the rear axle.
I assume the same 2.0T+battery setup
Looks very similar - I am not sure if the multi-plate clutch set-up is the same.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
That's what inside line also says:
Looks very similar - I am not sure if the multi-plate clutch set-up is the same.

is Audi's Quattro the same as VW's Halidex setup?

·
Registered
23,422 Posts
is Audi's Quattro the same as VW's Halidex setup?
Not sure if serious.

Both quattro and 4Motion are marketing terms, both can refer to a number of different AWD realizations. The most common quattro is in the "more typical" Audis with longitudinal engine and has a Torsen center diff (nowadays typically with 40:60 split), such as the A4/5 and Q5. Haldex is on VWs and Audis with transverse engines (A3, Golf, CC/Passat, Tiguan).

And there is nothing wrong with Gen. IV Haldex, it fits its application quite well.

Oh, and when I said multi-plate clutch, I was referring to the one between the gas engine and the electric motor, that also replaces the torque converter. The car still has a center Torsen diff.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
Not sure if serious.

Both quattro and 4Motion are marketing terms, both can refer to a number of different AWD realizations. The most common quattro is in the "more typical" Audis with longitudinal engine and has a Torsen center diff (nowadays typically with 40:60 split), such as the A4/5 and Q5. Haldex is on VWs and Audis with transverse engines (A3, Golf, CC/Passat, Tiguan).

And there is nothing wrong with Gen. IV Haldex, it fits its application quite well.

very much serious,

Subaru markets their AWD setup as the "symetrical AWD" system, however there are actually 3-4 different types of AWD systems available depending on transmission and engine selection. :thumbup:

·
Registered
'21 RS 5
14,393 Posts
I love Audi's marketing strategy: Have 8 cars numbered 1 through 8. Put an A in front of the slow ones, put an S in front of the fast ones and and RS in front of the really fast ones. And just R in front of the quickest one of all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.