VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've retrofitted the mib 2 with the audi smartphone function. Only i do not have usb connection. Does anyone know what i need & have the part numbers for this retrofit?

Thanks
Kind regards

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I search everything myself. Today was the big day. The installation of the usb slots. And this is the result.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
348 Posts
What year is your car? I have a 2015 S3 and am very interested in this retrofit if it will add Android Auto functionality!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Not sure wtf mr owl is talking about, he's obviously confused.

I'm sure many would be interested in retrofitting this if the OP can give some details.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I think what he's trying to do is make the car use a tethered cell phone for data rather than using its own, separate 4G connection thus saving the Audi data connection fees.

I don't believe that this is possible.

·
Registered
349 Posts
No, he retrofitted the facelift version mib 2 and added usb support and is running android auto on his pre-facelift.

Has nothing to do with cables from amazon.

·
Registered
38 Posts
No, he retrofitted the facelift version mib 2 and added usb support and is running android auto on his pre-facelift.

Has nothing to do with cables from amazon.
This is what I was wondering too. Anything else I need for my 2016 pre-facelift to get android auto/CarPlay?

·
Registered
349 Posts
He likely replaced the entire mib unit, which is the DVD drive in the glovebox. Probably an expensive upgrade

1 - 13 of 13 Posts