VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that the TT 3.2 subframe is different than what you find on the 1.8t cars... So far I have found the following part numbers:

R32/TT Coupe: 8N0199313E
GTI: 1J0199313J & 8A0199313BA

My understanding is that the difference between these two is which bushings are pressed into the back. I had read something about the 3.2 cars having a different subframe to clear the DSG transmission. Does anybody know if that is true? What are the differences? What is the part number?

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
I was hoping to see the difference, and therefore why you want to switch. lol What are you trying to achieve? You can buy the bushings and replace them instead of the whole subframe, or 034 makes solid bushings for it, here.

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
pics are
top=TT mk1 4cyl
Middle=TT mk1 6cyl
Bottom=2005 golf 1.8t

while its a sketch, and not complete, i do spot a difference. the VW subframe seems to have a bracket extension on it....hard to say whats up with a partial sketch. hope you appreciate this, took some time!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope, DSG is still perfectly fine. I just miss driving a stick. I wouldn't be able to buy another car anywhere near as nice as mine for as little as I would be able to get for mine, so I'm just going to swap the tranny. I've been gathering parts for the swap for over a year now and I think I have a good idea of what will be involved... I guess we'll find out for sure once I dig into it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts