VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago I replaced all my bushing. I just replaced my Strut bushing with PowerFlex units but I have an annoying clunking from the front end as I drive. Like something is banging over the smallest of bumps.

What's the best way to find out what the issue is? Can I jack up the front and shake it? I don't remember if I did the ball joints. Does this sound like a ball joint issue?
Sway Bar bushing?

I visually looked at the subframe mounts which appear to be tight.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Sway bar bushings and sway bar end links are the first thing that I would check. If you're still on OE end links, that would what I'd bet on being the problem.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I never had the impression that replacing rubber with polyurethane meant a permanent solution to a wear item. Rubber compresses, polyurethane cracks.

You said you replaced them years ago?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sway bar bushings and sway bar end links are the first thing that I would check.
Visit: upVOD.pl
Thank You... I am buying and installing a lift this SPRING so it will make this sort of thing much easier to find. I'm also going to use it to store my car when I don't drive it, which is most of the time. But it's still fun and not worth enough to sell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts